Madworld Discussion

I kinda wish it had online, or does it?

I kinda wish it had online, or does it?

Well you know there's one way to look at it..

MadWorld is a -completely- offline game. Since it's not on the 360 / PS3, it doesn't have Achievements or Trophies. There's also no Xbox Guide or Playstation XBM to whip out and communicate with friends while playing.

What's the point in playing MadWorld?
Are you gonna talk about it on the forums while you're playing it, to make you feel less alone..
Are you gonna take photos of everything you're doing so people actually believe you?
Wow.. There's absolutely no point.

That's just a perspective, but then again that could be said about most Wii games. I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to MadWorld nonetheless.

What's the point in playing MadWorld?
Are you gonna talk about it on the forums while you're playing it, to make you feel less alone..
Are you gonna take photos of everything you're doing so people actually believe you?
Wow.. There's absolutely no point.
When I was a kid there was no online and no 'achievements' as such. Did that mean that every single game before the 360/PS3 existed was pointless to play? Final Fantasy - pointless playing it as there was no online or achievements, Resident Evil - pointless, Street Fighter - pointless, Mario - pointless etc?

I don't play games to talk to people (for that I use a telephone), I don't play games just to get a shiny medal or something either. I actually play games to have something called FUN. If fun is a pointless part of gaming and it is all about chatting or achievements then there is no real reason to play games, may as well just pick up the phone and buy yourself some chocolate medals as it would be a lot cheaper than buying a game.

Madworld looks like a ton of fun to me and that is the only reason that I need to play it.

MadWorld got a 9 out of 10 in Nintendo Power I believe, waiting to see what other sites/magazines give it.

So excited for this game though.

when i was a kid there was no online and no 'achievements' as such. Did that mean that every single game before the 360/ps3 existed was pointless to play? Final fantasy - pointless playing it as there was no online or achievements, resident evil - pointless, street fighter - pointless, mario - pointless etc?

I don't play games to talk to people (for that i use a telephone), i don't play games just to get a shiny medal or something either. I actually play games to have something called fun. If fun is a pointless part of gaming and it is all about chatting or achievements then there is no real reason to play games, may as well just pick up the phone and buy yourself some chocolate medals as it would be a lot cheaper than buying a game.

Madworld looks like a ton of fun to me and that is the only reason that i need to play it.
q.f.t.

So guys, should I really pick this game up? It looks really bloody for my taste, but I heard it was also funny? Funny is good.

i also will be purchasing this game on the first day it comes out. my wii is sadly collecting some dust :(

and twilight hero, yeah i also heard it had a lot of comedy to it. i mean look at one of the trailers.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl0iIA01Ge0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl0iIA01Ge0[/ame]
pretty clever how they show the game through a sports review parody haha

Last edited:
Well, heres a bit from the game I heard from a vid.

Note: During gameplay, sports announcers will talk about everything you're doing.

"All right folks! Here it is the moment we all have been waiting for!"
"Thats right! Put the kiddies to bed cause you don't want them to see this!"
"Wait, so you wouldn't mind letting them watch everything thats happened up to this point?"
"Of coarse not! Don't want to raise up a society full of pussies."
"Well anyway heres the main event, like the gladiators of ancient Rome before us, these to warriors will duke it out in a battle to the death, only for the entertainment of the rich and wealthy!"
"...What the fvck was that?"
"Been watching a lot of the history channel. Anyways lets get this started!"
"Fvckin EH!"

If crude humor such as this isn't your thing you wont find it too funny. I on the other hand find it halarious.

When I was a kid there was no online and no 'achievements' as such. Did that mean that every single game before the 360/PS3 existed was pointless to play? Final Fantasy - pointless playing it as there was no online or achievements, Resident Evil - pointless, Street Fighter - pointless, Mario - pointless etc?

I don't play games to talk to people (for that I use a telephone), I don't play games just to get a shiny medal or something either. I actually play games to have something called FUN. If fun is a pointless part of gaming and it is all about chatting or achievements then there is no real reason to play games, may as well just pick up the phone and buy yourself some chocolate medals as it would be a lot cheaper than buying a game.

Madworld looks like a ton of fun to me and that is the only reason that I need to play it.

Quoted for the damn truth. But, unlocks for doing some things in a game is always nice.

I'm loving all the Madworld hate from these "anti-gaming" groups.

Madworld to ruin the Wiis family console rep, my ass. Its like these jokes haven't heard of House of the Dead, No More Heroes, Red Steel, etc.

Hell, this must have pissed Nintendo off seeing as they actually responded to this defending both the Wii and Sega.
"The Wii is for people of all ages, including children, teenagers, adults, and elderly. From 9 to 95 we try to please our customers... *****."

Okay I added the ***** part but they owned their asses nonetheless.

But if Nintendo REALLY wants to please their fans why don't they ****in release Earthbound already damn it.

"The Wii is for people of all ages, including children, teenagers, adults, and elderly. From 9 to 95 we try to please our customers... *****."

Okay I added the ***** part but they owned their asses nonetheless.

But if Nintendo REALLY wants to please their fans why don't they ****in release Earthbound already damn it.

Would have been too funny if Nintendo really did say *****. :lol:

Maybe they are saving Earthbound for a special occasion, although I can't think what that would be. They must be planning to release it sometime though or else they wouldn't have bothered getting it rated by the ESRB last year.

Only 6 days to go till Madworld arrives...

Would have been too funny if Nintendo really did say *****. :lol:

Maybe they are saving Earthbound for a special occasion, although I can't think what that would be. They must be planning to release it sometime though or else they wouldn't have bothered getting it rated by the ESRB last year.

Only 6 days to go till Madworld arrives...

I really don't think Earthbound will ever make any more appearances in the USA, at least in the near future :frown2:

^^^ besides Smash
Like he said, we won't be seeing anymore Earthbound. Brawl was the last of the series. But we're veering off coarse here (yes I'm aware I started it):lol:

Back