Mario Kart Wii Played-NEW INFO

zapasant

Where is your god now?
Aug 13, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2887-9874-6238-6951
Dec 17, 2007

Mario Kart Wii is not due out for a few months yet, but US magazine Nintendo Power has already had a go and the feedback is promising.

Following confusion over how many players will be in a race in the new game, NP confirms that the game will feature 12-player racing online, with an improved version of Mario Kart DS' matchmaking system that should get you into races far quicker than the portable could manage.

Performing stunts, as seen in previously released screenshots, will have its rewards, and although NP says it's too early to confirm what these rewards are yet, we're guessing it'll be a small speed boost on landing.

Classic items like Koopa shells, lightning bolts and mushrooms will return along with a selection of still undisclosed new weapons. 16 new courses will be in there, along with some old favourites. NP was also positive about the new motion control steering system - something that worries us to death.

"You hold the Wii-mote in both hands with the buttons facing you (and that's how it'll fit into the steering-wheel accessory). Then you turn the wheel left or right. If you tilt it steeply, you'll make a sharp turn. A gentle dip will ease you to one side. Buttons control acceleration, braking, and item use," NP explains, saying it controls “smoothly.”

We bloody hope so.

The article fails to reveal other crucial facts, like if karts hop on powerslides, or if snaking is possible.

For a more in-depth look at what we know about Mario Kart Wii so far, check out our updated impressions.

Courtesy of CVG.

thughts on this?

all will be acknowledged

source

http://www.gamesradar.com/us/wii/ga...21795847404008&releaseId=20070711121345346029

Still waiting to know how powerslides will be controlled...

It's good to know the controls aren't horrible. That was the one thing I wasn't so sure about, but now I feel better.

And Frogger hasn't posted yet??? :lol:

But I like this feedback and the 12 racers although I already knew that. And yes, I hope the controls won't be messed up.

T3kNi9e said:
I wanna know if you can steer using the nunchuck instead of wii-mote sensoring.

Why would you want to? The nunchuk is curved and awkward. :shocked:

Yea I meant the analog stick :p Just cant beat the good old fasion joystick with its sensitivity. By sensitivity I mean, by how much you move the stick to dictate a sharp turn or a slight turn, etc.

T3kNi9e said:
Yea I meant the analog stick :p Just cant beat the good old fasion joystick with its sensitivity. By sensitivity I mean, by how much you move the stick to dictate a sharp turn or a slight turn, etc.

Oh ok. But the Wii is all about motion sensing, so I guess they just wanted to implement that into the game. You might be able to turn it off, although I doubt it.

Back