Mario Tennis Wii?

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
Anyone looking forward to this when (or if?? :() they release it? It will make the best use of the Wiimote+Nunchuku besides when they come out with a full blown Zelda Wii. Nunchuk for movement and Wiimote for Wii Sports baseball accuracy--hella fun and perfect for the Wii. Hopefully it will be able to be more like Mario Tennis 64 than the Gamecube one, even though it was still a great game.

Oooh. that sound fun. I was addicted to Mario tennis for N64 for ever. Im sure that it would be really good.

Yeah, when this comes out I will buy it, it will be a lot better than Wii Sports Tennis since you actually can move your character as opposed to your character moving automatically following the ball, and I prefer sports games like these instead of realistic simulations, I mean why want a realistic simulation if you can go outside and play? Even if you are outta shape..

i think this has a very good chance to come out. If you don't know already they are in the process of making mario baseball wii and you know they have soccer. Mario Tennis and Golf are def gonna come out and they will be awesome!

Sounds fun. Haven't touched this series since n64

edit:
i think this has a very good chance to come out.

its got one on n64 and gamecube so really high chance itll be on wii

Last edited:
Lol, yeah but it was called "Tennis" but of course characters from Nintendo appeared there. and then characters from that game that weren't Mario and Peach etc, appeared on the GBA version of Mario Tennis.

I would be all over this.. Mario Tennis was my favorite game for the N64.. I'm hoping it'll come out on the Virtual Console as well.

I know that there is a Top Spin game for the wii somewhere.. But I would rather like to try Mario Tennis, Baseball, and Golf wii.. :lol:

I LOVED Mario Tennis...in fact, it's what got me started in real tennis. ^_^ My friend and I play it all the time to get strategies and see what we need to do in real life (e.g. lob over someone at the net). It actually really helps!

Yes! I liked it on GC and never got to play it on 64... Also played in on gameboy, I love Mario Tennis. X3 Can't wait to play doubles.

I don't know about Golf though. I ALWAYS suck at golf. ^^; So that's gonna wait. Other sports such as soccer, baseball, etc... I will play. But tennis is definitely my favorite.

I would mayby borrow it if it had online i wouldn't elswise unless it had goodreviews as i didnt really like the GC version.

hmmm...this one might have wifi too...i liked it on gc...but it got boring quick...if it was to come out...i'll think about

{Axtlár} said:
Yeah, when this comes out I will buy it, it will be a lot better than Wii Sports Tennis since you actually can move your character as opposed to your character moving automatically following the ball, and I prefer sports games like these instead of realistic simulations, I mean why want a realistic simulation if you can go outside and play? Even if you are outta shape..
There is a lot of complaint about the inability to move in Wii Sports tennis however I find there movement just fine. As long as you don't swing pre-maturely you can hit about 95% of anything sent towards you, so if they do make a Mario tennis the ability to manipulate there movement would be nice, and personally I would preference them not to force it.

As far as using the nun-chuck for movement, that would be insane. Think about that cord for a second with adult arm length, and what you would have is a disaster, especially if it's anything like Wii Sports tennis. I know some of you like to flick it however you have much more control over where that ball goes and does (such as applying spin) when you use much more solid movement, and the thought have having a cord attached to it would mean that something is going to give and something is going to either go airborne or break.

The best method would to simply use the directional pad to manipulate/force movement, and save the A or trigger button for a power stride. This stride then would allow you to dive or jump towards the ball with grater force and then your character is reduced to half movement for 2 seconds after, something like that would work nicely. Even applying a stamina tracking of some kind would work too, having your characters wear down after so long then "slow down" would make it interesting.

Back