Microsoft Equates Wii U To XBox 360

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-news-3-picture10081-wii-u-panorama.JPG

Eurogamer reports that Microsoft Studios’ Phil Spencer has been talking about the Wii U, equating it in his comments to an Xbox 360. He even goes so far as to say that the Wii U would be a good platform for the Xbox 360’s back catalog of games, telling GamesIndustry International, “ It is easy for those games to move over to the Wii U. They’ve moved the buttons around, and they’ve made a controller that feels familiar for 360 gamers, so I get why they are putting those pieces together.” Spencer was, however, very taken with ZombiU, which looks destined to be one of the new console’s big selling points, seeming to draw praise from everyone who has played it so far. He also said that he would have liked to see a Zelda or Metroid title announced for Wii U at the E3 launch, echoing the thoughts of many Nintendo fans.

Meanwhile, speaking of the Xbox 360, Eurogamer notes that Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has been trying to allay the fears of Nintendo shareholders that the Wii U will not be left behind by the next Xbox and the PS4 when they eventually emerge, in the same way that the Wii was overshadowed by the Xbox 360 and PS3. “Other companies might launch a next-generation console with more power,” said Iwata, “but we don’t necessarily think that the difference between the Wii U and such consoles will be as drastic as what you felt it was between the Wii U and the other consoles, because there will be fewer and fewer differentiators in graphics.”

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-a-360-when-you-think-of-graphical-capability

Considering my most used controller has been for a 360 for the past few years, guess I'll settle into the gamepad real quick.

Also good news to hear that ZombiU is gettin' some praise. Been hopin' it wasn't gonna end up like Dead Island: crazy hype for a laughable game.

I think only ****ups say these kinda things. I just can't see a problem, and if there isn't then why do they say such things. Like they are desperate or something. Everyone is copying from each other, there is nothing original anymore. So why bother it.

It looks like there is a self-facing camera on that Wii U controller in the above picture. It would be awesome to be able to see the looks on people's faces in a FPS when I swiftly come out around a corner and blow them away with guns blazing! :devil: Nothing more satisfying in those types of games than knowing you caused a "holy sh1t" face on someone...LOL!

Back