Miscellaneous Wii Games

Chompy

WiiChat Member
Aug 30, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0002-2156
I find I'm gravatating towards the Disney/Disney-Pixar games. Not like Cinderella or Beauty and The Beast like I grew up with, but the 'newer generation of fairy tales,' Up, Wall-E, Ratatouille (have no idea if these games are any good or not), Cars, etc. I like the animation and thoroughly enjoyed the movies. I think that's a big part of it - if I liked the movie(s) I should like the game. That's the supposition anyway. And I really like the bright colors. :p

I got Puss and Boots and was sorely disappointed with it. I swear, if I had to get in one more sword fight I'd scream. That's the bad side. Good side, Puss is in it, complete with Antonio Banderas' voice. So it's not a total waste. :rolleyes:

As long as they keep making Wii games from good Disney/Disney-Pixar movies I'll keep buying them.

Wall-E came today. The graphics are wonderful. One thing I like about these Disney games it's like watching the movie, but getting to play with it while you watch. I seriously wonder, though, how many kids were murdered and machines broken due to this game. Know how so many parents hate Barney and his song? This, I think, is about a billion times worse. The same song played over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... I'm pretty easy going but even I have a headache. I bet I dream about that damn song.

Ratatouille came. I can't get that rat to do squat but the graphics are fabulous. I'm so pleased with the graphics these days. I can remember when there actually NO graphics, just words. Sometimes I actually think I am watching the movie and getting to play with it. There is so much artistic beauty in graphics now. I can remember when Disney went from very detailed cartoons/movies to less so. Broke my heart. Graphics and animation is truly and art form.

I got Super Mario Galaxy as I read here it was purty good. It's okay. I think I would like it better if it didn't make me sick. I get so queasy with all those worlds upside-down and all. Give me a splitting headache. Maybe I'll get used to it.

Somehow I got Back To The Future. Can't say as that's any good. Anybody play/like it? What's with picking the replies they make? Does that have some bearing on the story or is it just there for the sake of obnoxiousness?

I got Super Mario Galaxy as I read here it was purty good. It's okay. I think I would like it better if it didn't make me sick. I get so queasy with all those worlds upside-down and all.

Ahh yes, Super Mario Vertigo... thankfully, its dimension-twistin' antics did not end in a migraine for me, therefore I bloody loved it.

Oh, I like it enuff. I've not played it since - it made me ssssssooooo headachey and queasy. Of course I'll try it again (and again and again and again) hoping I get used to it. But just thinking about it makes me headachey and queasy. Ick.

I can almost urp at "... therefore I bloody loved it."

You'll be happy t' know that not all worlds have you romping about in every which way at every which angle. Some are on a not-so-rounded plane. Nice 'n flat, no motion sickness.

Yes. Super Mario Brothers I have and just love. I can't get past level 2, usually I don't get out of level 1 yet without dying some. But I like it. And my Skylanders don't make me sick. I really like Super Mario Galaxy and am very disappointed it turns my stomach upside down. For just games, Mario games are my fave. They're very much like Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure.

Remember THAT? I've got a shareware (hasn't it always been?) version on my computer. Have to figure out what key does what still. But it's so good to have an old friend back. I wish I could get Loderunner loaded. Used to play that for HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS. Kind'a like I do Skylanders now.

I got Super Mario Galaxy from what I read here and from how much I just love Super Mario Brothers.

Last edited:
When I first played Super Mario Galaxy.. I liked that, but not loved it. But when I kept playin it, I started to love it.. Its a different type of Mario game. It takes some time to get used to it..

Well New Super Mario Bros is still my favorite Mario game on Wii

And Paper mario.. unfortunately, no good.. It would have been a really good game, but I found it really boring

I am a Back to the Future fan.. I played the demo verison on Ps3.. So far I remember it was an advanture game.. they talk, and you order where to go, what to say etc.. I didnt like it that much.. How is it on Wii ?

I am a Back to the Future fan.. I played the demo verison on Ps3.. So far I remember it was an advanture game.. they talk, and you order where to go, what to say etc.. I didnt like it that much.. How is it on Wii ?

Also, being a BTTF fan, I was VERY disappointed in the Wii game. I didn't like how I had to pick what it was they were going to say. I was very disappointed. I didn't like it that much either. I'll have to try it some more to be truly fair because I really like adventure games.

I think, writing this, I'm beginning to understand the game and I actually think it might be right up my alley. I think I've been comparing it to Sonic, Mario Bros, stuff like that. Duffus here never considered it was an adventure type like she likes...

Nevzat, when you say "get used to," how do you mean that? In time you get used to it making you dizzy and sick to your stomach? I hope as playing it kind'a ruins my day!

Last edited by a moderator:
No it doesnt makes me dizzy.. I ment I took sometime me to get used to Mario's 3D platforms.

Wii is my first Nintendo video console.. So I never played any other 3D mario games before, except 2D ones (nes, snes, gameboy advance mario games). That why S. M. Galaxy was kind of a different mario experience for me.. you control mario with the stick on nunchak on a 3D world.. It s even still sometimes hard to jump and land on a spot I want.. Its because of it took sometime me to get used to Mario's 3D platforms and controls..

I believe if they made the game with classic controller support, that would be easier to play for me..

I feel sorry for those that get motion sickness

They will never get to play Forsaken or Descent

This motion sickness, as much as I dislike it, peaks my interest as it's a game! Not a moving car or boat. I was fine crossing the English Channel, notorious for making people sea sick. But I got sick as a dog up off ME/MA going on a Puffin cruise! When Wolfenstein first came out, that made me queasy but I got used to it - I'd forgotten that. Maybe there's hope for me getting used to Super Mario Bros.

That why S. M. Galaxy was kind of a different mario experience for me.. you control mario with the stick on nunchak on a 3D world.. It s even still sometimes hard to jump and land on a spot I want.. Its because of it took sometime me to get used to Mario's 3D platforms and controls..
So THAT'S why I keep missing jumps! It's 3D! I didn't know that. Skylanders is 3D then. Didn't know that, well I don't what you'd call it but, 3Dishness was called 3D. Live and learn. I'll be.

This motion sickness, as much as I dislike it, peaks my interest as it's a game! Not a moving car or boat. I was fine crossing the English Channel, notorious for making people sea sick. But I got sick as a dog up off ME/MA going on a Puffin cruise! When Wolfenstein first came out, that made me queasy but I got used to it - I'd forgotten that. Maybe there's hope for me getting used to Super Mario Bros.

So THAT'S why I keep missing jumps! It's 3D! I didn't know that. Skylanders is 3D then. Didn't know that, well I don't what you'd call it but, 3Dishness was called 3D. Live and learn. I'll be.

Chompy, I am sorry, I couldnt get the point.. Could you make it a little more clear for me ?

Certainly, Nevzat!

I have had motion sickness when taking a Puffin cruise (a cruise going out in the Atlantic Ocean looking for Puffins) but not when crossing the English Channel. It is said that everyone gets motion sick when crossing the English Channel as it is very bumpy and the boat is tossed in the waves. So, that's odd - motion sickness where one would not think it would happen, but I didn't get motion sickness where most people do. I find this motion sickness caused by a game to be very very odd. But! Now I remember I got queasy and had motion sickness when Wolfenstein first came out years ago. So, I guess it is not so unusual for me to have motion sickness with a game.

Then I read about 3D in your post. I did not know what 3D was but now I do and so that's why - the 3D - I keep missing jumps to places in Skylanders. I am agreeing with what you're saying about 3D. I, too, am working on getting better with my jumps! :)

Is this better? Does this help? Let me know and if not I'll try again. Just let me know.

Thanks Chompy :) Sorry, my English used to be a lot better, unfortunately cant practice enıugh for years, so the problem is me :)

Very Sorry to hear about that motion sickness.. I had a friend like you, he couldnt stand some of games.. He said he gets dizzy almost pass out..

And in super mario galaxy games.. that camera angle that changes all the time.. It makes game harder to play, cant focus the game.. It would definetly effect people like you who has motion sickness..

Last edited:
Back