MOH2:H control problem - SOLVED

DrMoze

WiiChat Member
Jul 7, 2007
After playing Ghost Squad for a while, with responsive spot-on aiming, I fired up MOHH2 to try it out. The movement control was wonky, and I kept finding myself disoriented and unable to straighten out my view. (Am using zapper controls, which are set up just fine.) Aiming and moving would be OK, and then get out of whack and I kept getting messed up. Reloading often caused me to lose my bearings. I'm about 10' back from my 65" tv.

So, how did I fix it? (After a frustrating 2 campaign missions.) I checked the wii sensor bar sensitivity. Turns out there were 2 dots above the sensor bar dots,coming from 2 wall sconces above/behind the tv, which are usually on dim. They gave full spots with sensitivity on 4. I turned it down to 2, and the sconce dots disappeared. Control is now smooth and consistent. *Much* better. MOHH2 seems to be more sensitive to the sensor bar interference than other games, maybe because of the combined aiming/movement pointing control.

MORAL: If your MOHH2 controls are a bit flaky, check your sensor bar sensitivity in the wii settings menu. Make sure there are only 2 dots there!!

Last edited:
Actually, just in case, I will keep the wall sconces off when I use the Wii. The 2 lights are about 2 feet above the top of the tv (where the sensor bar is) and 2 feet back, not far from the line of sight of the sensor when sitting on the couch. The MOHH2 controls made it obvious when there were slight glitches (like when reloading, looking up, etc.

I have a wide screen (65" rptv, and might try the 2 candle trick--a candle at each end of the tv instead of the sensor bar. Maybe the wider distance would improve accuracy? Anyone?

Think about what the camera sees. It's all simple trig.

Say the IR lights in the sensor bar are 10 inches apart. Say the optimum distance from the bar is 3-6 feet or 36-72 inches.

That's an angle range of 3.9-7.9 degrees. If you had put the candles at each end of your TV, say 4 feet apart, to get equal degree measures, you would have to stand 14-29 feet away...

If my math's wrong, please tell me.

I'd been playing RE UC and then went in for a little moh h2 online and could not get the hang of it... thanks for the advice!

P.S. +1 REP

Brawny said:
Think about what the camera sees. It's all simple trig.

Say the IR lights in the sensor bar are 10 inches apart. Say the optimum distance from the bar is 3-6 feet or 36-72 inches.

That's an angle range of 3.9-7.9 degrees. If you had put the candles at each end of your TV, say 4 feet apart, to get equal degree measures, you would have to stand 14-29 feet away...

If my math's wrong, please tell me.

Good analysis, but you don't need angles. Just straight proportions. For example, the 10" spacing corresponds to 3-6 feet back from the tv. So, because I'm closer to 10-12' back, I should use roughly twice the spacing, or about 20".

I'm not sure what a wider spacing will do. If the IR (or other lights) are too far apart, then maybe the wiimote won't consistently see both lights when it is pointed at edges of the screen. So maybe I shouldn't space them too far apart....

Brawny said:
But I like triigggg :D

Spacing them closer WAS the point of that post. ^_^

And a good point it was. :yesnod: But.... you like trig???? :scared: :crazy: :yikes:

Ya I always have to adjust the sensitivity if I move to a different room. My problem is I just got a glass coffee table... Its still smooth but ocassionally the controller decides to switch to the reflection of the sensor bar off the table so I have to aim way farther down. Sometimes I just continue playing MoH like this and do quite well. :smilewinkgrin:

Back