my grades fell

En4Neo said:
No fair, anything below a 70 is considered failing where I go to...thought it was like that everywhere in the US.
It depends on where you go to school, at my school now my math and english classes have the more stringent grading scale of 70-100 and the rest have 60-100. I think the 70-100% is BS because it's made to challenge students more but it's really just lazy.

redwagon76 said:
It depends on where you go to school, at my school now my math and english classes have the more stringent grading scale of 70-100 and the rest have 60-100. I think the 70-100% is BS because it's made to challenge students more but it's really just lazy.

yup thats an example of the curve

I usually get good grades so I don't have to lie but I did scan my report card and edit it once. It worked pretty well and my parents couldn't tell that it was edited. I can't do that any more though since my school emails my parents my grades now.

Ugh... Mine Went From A High 80 To A High 60. -_-

Just Freaking Show IT To Em.

blueradio said:
Awwuh, your grades went from a C to a F.
Poor you.

before you mock him, maybe there are outside circumstances or problems in the ciriculum that are making him fail?

sometimes grades change becuase the material is harder to comprehend. sometimes kids have study issues and they have problems admiting it. hopefully hell see this as a sign of improvement and not let this slip up affect him in the future for HS graduation.

you dont know his situation and neither do we. all he said is that hes scared to show his parents his report card. which proves one thing. he once had good grades, hes scared to show them. or he again is presistantly failing and doesnt want to admit he needs help. hense the thread

dont flame him

this happened to me in algebra, i got like a 62... i had to switch to my ACTUAL GRADE LEVEL and i should be getting a 90 or something...

My grades fell a bit too, well kinda. Some classes went up by a few points others fell by a few points. I say you just keep it with you, if they ask you for it. Say you forgot and then show them, if not then work your butt off and get better grades. Its all trial and error.

Hide your prized possesions and then tell them that way they can't take them away it happened to me too but I am trying to bring it back up this tri but a high 50 I got alll B's and A's

Granted that I am 24 almost now and haven't had to show a report card to my parents in like 7 years...the last time I remember showing them one was the worst report card in my life. It seriously was like F, F, F, F, F, A (drama). That was the year I got my first boyfriend. I swore that my dad was gonna beat me. He must have had a million other things on his mind or something cause when he saw it, he didn't get mad, nor did he yell. He just asked me if I was going to be bringing them up and I said, "Of Course!" Whew!!!

The_Loose_Cannon said:
when i was in JRHS it was 65. when i reached HS, it was 55

education has gone to the sh*ter :sigh:

I've been saying this for a long time now... I'm going to Japan, cram schools are awesome!!!

But seriously, I've never had a problem with grades (never gotten a C in my life) , I think that private school (as TLC mentioned) really helps.

But just show it too them, maybe you should have played the wii and posted here a little less... I don't think that the material would change your grade that drastically.

Grading scale here btw. is 66 failing. No A+'s either.

ok...btw people i dont play wii anymore due to me getting my grades higher and the fact that i finally finished zelda(i finished 2 weeks ago)

Brawny said:
But seriously, I've never had a problem with grades (never gotten a C in my life) , I think that private school (as TLC mentioned) really helps..

i went to a BUNCH of different schools.

when i was growing up, i went to probably one of the LARGEST school districts on long island ny (sachem school district)

then my parents divorced and i went the town i still live in now (just in an apartment not in the house with my mom anymore lol) and went to that district which was HALF the size of my first school. they also sent me back to JRHS (because 9th is still considered JRHS not HS) and then i went to private school.

i did well in sachem even though it was so large and you could practically get lost in it but when i went connetquot school district, i was so upset with my parents divorcing at 14, i didnt wanna pay attention and besides, i switched at the end of 9th grade (great time to make friends during june!!!!! ugh)

private school was the best investment my parents ever made. i would send my kids to private school in a heart beat if they were failing

**DISCLAIMER- only reason i mentioned my old school districts is because i have long since graduated from them. also they are not hard to locate on the internet. i would not suggest that anyone post their current schools (except maybe colleges)**

Back