my wii is now MODDED

PotatoWedgie said:
As far as I know, CycloWiz doesn't region unlock the Wii. Only WiiKey does that...but it's not out yet. Weird.

Grats though unggoy :D *PMs now*

thanks potato wedgie, and for all thosewho are curious when I get out of training today, when I get back to my hotel I will make sure and find out what type of chip it is, cause I have a lil instruction booklet back at the tellie.

languages and mod chips

http://www.krysstal.com/spoken.html to find out most spoke languages and as for the mod chip from what ive seen on the net the wiikey was supposed to be out on feb 7th but they all still say out of stock although a couple of sites do mention a few shops being sent a few sample chips. I think the delay with the chips is that only 2-3 days before they were due for release they realised nintendo had made a small change to the wii and the chips dont work at all in these newer (bought after jan 07) consoles.
And PLEASE PLEASE read the guys original post he is not a pirate he has 2 original but JAP games and as the wii unlike the ps3 is region locked he needed a way of playing these games and sofar the wiikey is they only option.

Last edited:
Thread cleaned, to everyone who may be against the ethics of installing/using modchips i think you need to accept the fact more and more discussion on this subject is inevitable and you're only gonna get yourselves in trouble if you continue to crap all over those kinds of threads.

oh snap. ion posted in this thread more than i have ever seen... perhaps the big cheese has found a place with us mere mortals :p

on topic... hmm sounds cool... i'm south of la but its only a short drive maybe ill look into it :yesnod:

LyricistSoldier said:
oh snap. ion posted in this thread more than i have ever seen... perhaps the big cheese has found a place with us mere mortals :p

on topic... hmm sounds cool... i'm south of la but its only a short drive maybe ill look into it :yesnod:

cool cool, well i am staying across from LACC, so if you wanna get your ass kicked on wii lemme know.. hahaha jk..

EDIT: Oh and btw iON thank you for the little support and to the other guy, your correct, I am only using this to play games bought in Japan. Thanks everyone for understanding, and to those who call me a pirate.. arrrrrrggg! :)

Last edited:
PotatoWedgie said:
As far as I know, CycloWiz doesn't region unlock the Wii. Only WiiKey does that...but it's not out yet. Weird.

Grats though unggoy :D *PMs now*

This modchip should make the console region free as all its doing is telling the drive to run DVD-R, DVD-RW,DVD+DL.

It bypasses the security check.

Also on that note it might be possible for nintendo to update the Wii and disable the chip.
I feel this mod to be pointless unless there is a dash update for the Wii that allows everything like media center and stuff like that.

Cloudkill said:
This modchip should make the console region free as all its doing is telling the drive to run DVD-R, DVD-RW,DVD+DL.

Also on that note it might be possible for nintendo to update the Wii and disable the chip.
I feel this mod to be pointless unless there is a dash update for the Wii that allows everything like media center and stuff like that.

regarding media center on wii, you should check out www.orb.com

Cloudkill said:

You'd think it would work for imported games, but if you check the teamcyclops.com site, it only lists the ability to run imported GC games.

As far as updates go, both CycloWiz and WiiKey are upgradeable (via DVD burned from an ISO), so that shouldn't be a problem - if they're detectable in the first place at all, given their stealth modes.

updates and imports

well as far as i have read you can update both chips by dvd so if the BIG N do bring out a firmware update to disable the chip then the manufacurers just realease an update to by pass it again (its all gonna be a big game of cat and mouse ) but then again as the chips can be disabled we will just have to play originals online and backups offline, and since the online stuff is a bit scarce just now its not even an issue. Oh and by the way the cyclowiz doesnt play imports but there are 2 chips that do the WIIKEY and i seen 1 other that was open source and you could either buy one pre-made for 20 pound or make your own for about a tenner. but sorry i cant remember the name of the latter at tyhe moment.

Hey Unggoy,

Did you do the latest update to get the vote channel? If so did it effect your mod chip?

Back