NCAA Football '09 coming out for Wii.

Floydd

雨... 雨..
Feb 6, 2008
Canada
Found this while I was surfing the net.

http://www.wiiblog.net/ea-releasing-ncaa-football-09-on-the-wii-749/
We got some good news for all you football fans out there, as EA announced today that they will be releasing NCAA Football 09 for the Nintendo Wii.

Like many other EA sports titles… NCCAA Football 09 is coming with Sports Family Play… a social experience that essentially puts everyone on a level playing field.

Coming exclusively for the Wii, you also have a chance to vote for the cover mascot for the game case. You can go here to vote for your favorite D1A schools mascot… *cough* The University of Kentucky Wildcast *cough*. Subtle enough for you?

Anyone exited about this upcoming title from EA Sports?

It's good to see that this game is coming back to a Nintendo console. I was highly dissapointed when they stopped putting these games on Gamecube, but now it's back. Smart move for EA.

Dzapper said:
It's good to see that this game is coming back to a Nintendo console. I was highly dissapointed when they stopped putting these games on Gamecube, but now it's back. Smart move for EA.

Agreed.. Hmm.. that will leave me with a decision.. PS3, 360, or Wii?

*Waits for Reviews*...

They really need to let you use Gamecube controller or Classic controller, because lets face it... Motion controls are not very good for sports games. Infact so far all of the multiplatform sports games released on Wii have gotten signficantly lower ratings because of bad controls.

Dzapper said:

I can't say it any better than that. I had to end up buying a PS2 to get this game, and I honestly never thought it would make its move back to a Nintendo system. I'm very excited about this news to say the very least.

T3kNi9e said:
They really need to let you use Gamecube controller or Classic controller, because lets face it... Motion controls are not very good for sports games. Infact so far all of the multiplatform sports games released on Wii have gotten signficantly lower ratings because of bad controls.

Looks to me like every multiplatform game gets significantly lower ratings. If anything, sports games are one of the best places to use motion controls. They just haven't been implemented very well yet in many games. I for one love the stiff arm in Madden. There's no trying to remember which of the eleventy buttons on your controller stiff arms. You just throw your arm out and there it is. It's simple and intuitive. If EA could figure out a control system that keeps that simple and intuitive style for all their moves, it would be a lot more popular. Instead they're taking their current gamepad-based control scheme and trying to map button presses to motions.

I'm just glad NCAA is coming to the Wii. I really hope UGA gets a black jersey option.

Back