New Games for the Week of Oct 8th

Backwards Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
As per IGN:

1) Balls of Fury - Oct. 9th - Welcome to the unsanctioned, underground world of ping-pong tournaments. Down-and-out former professional ping-pong phenom Randy Daytona is sucked into this maelstorm when FBI Agent Ernie Rodriguez recruits him for a secret mission. Randy is determined to bounce back and win, and to smoke out his father's killer -- arch fiend Feng.

2) Bleach: Shattered Blade - Oct. 9th - A Wii entry in the popular fighting franchise based on the Shonen Jump manga/anime series.

3) FIFA Soccer 08 - Oct 9th - The whole family can play FIFA Soccer 08 on the Wii with a flick of the wrist. Play the traditional and authentic way or in a new party mode called Footii Party with Ronaldinho where you can play Juggling, Table Soccer or Boot It with your own Mii characters to unlock a customized Ronaldinho character to take on the champ. The in-game Soccer Academy makes it easy to learn the basic and FreeMotion advanced controls in more than 30 interactive tutorials, or let the game give you an assist with EA Sports Family Play. EA's award-winning Interactive Leagues online play is also featured.

4) Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal - Oct. 9th - The Evil Mad Scientist is fed up with the Looney Tunes and plans to get rid of them once and for all. Using his homemade time machine and giant ACME eraser, he will travel through time and erase the Looney Tunes and their ancestors from existance.Little does he know though that the Looney Tunes have built their own time machine, and will fight the Evil Mad Scientist to save themselves from dissapearing.

Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal is an action-adventure game featuring seven playable Looney Tunes characters, including Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tazmanian Devil, Foghorn Leghorn, Marvin the Martian, Gossamer and a special secret character, all rendered in high-definition, next-generation graphics. Gamers find themselves immersed in combat, puzzles, and vehicle-based action. Players also command an arsenal of ACME melee and projectile weapons in outrageous battles and travel to various locations such as Camelot, Ancient Egypt, Mars, and the Wild West.

5) Thrillville: Off the Rails - Oct 9th - Thrillville: Off the Rails lives up to its name with 20 death-defying rides so outrageous, they inspire the same word from every park visitor who sees them: "WHOA!" Players build these incredible "WHOA Coasters" to leap from one track to another, launch through the air like cannonballs, blast through burning rings of fire and more. A new lighthearted story ties together lots of missions and improved social interaction with park guests. The in-depth conversations both advance the plot and suggest better ways to manage the park. But is every guest to be trusted? One never knows when a rival from the nefarious Globo-Joy might attempt to sabotage Thrillville parks with deceptive information...

6) Mercury Meltdown Revolution - Oct 9th - Ignition's gooey puzzler flows onto Wii with gameplay redesigned for the Wii remote (utilizing its enhanced tilt functionality) as well as enhanced graphics. In Mercury Meltdown Revolution, players guide a mercury blob around futuristic environments complete with moving machinery, test tubes, trap switches, spikes, rotating walkways, dangerous ledges, and other obstacles, in order to reach an end-level goal. The Wii build of the title is set to feature more than 150 levels, hidden labs, updated blog physics, and a variety of bonuses.

7) Rock 'N' Roll Adventures - Oct 12th - Bash and trash crazed instruments with Elviz's legendery guiter, or strum those strings for a bolt of Sonic Power to blast away Dastardly Drums, Clashing Cymbals and more! Run, Push, Swipe and Jump your way through three massive levels with moving objects, intelligent enemies and hidden rooms! Its time to ROCK N ROLL!

Not too much here, but I do want Murcury..and Thrillville sounds interesting...

thank u for the info i think i might look into the loony toons since that was a funny show

I look out for looney tunes, the only review I have seen of it game it a 3/10. I mean, if you have read a lot about it and think it's something you like, go ahead and buy. But that might effect your decision.

mercury is something i want. for 20 bucks you cant go wrong there.
and another online game is cool, but i wont be playing fifa.
thrillville on DS sucks. i hope the Wii version is better. ill wait for some reviews before i get that one.
balls is gonna be bad too, not only is it a ping pong game, but its also based off a movie. thats like double crap IMO lol.

Fifa is the only one that looks good to me there.
Next week should be better.

Thanks for the info nonetheless.

Ima bleach fan so shattered blade appeals to me. Im also looking forward to mercury meltdown. Rest of the list doesnt tickle my wii joints.

mercury meltdown is a good buy, especially at 20 bucks (price that some of those otha wii games should be)

Fire Flower said:
So pretty much just a bunch of crapy games.
ouch, these r the little games that r coming out before the the best selling games for the wii comes out, besides this helps a lot for the wii and we might go through this during the winter

I would like to try Fifa since I want another sports game in my wii arsenal.. Hope mercury meltdown revolution is a blast, stress buster fun type of game =)

The best game there is probably Fifa, but I probably will wait on it even though I love soccer....

Back