New Games the Week of Feb. 16th

Backwards Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
As per IGN...could be a couple good ones.

MX Vs. ATV Untamed - Feb. 17 - $49.99
mxvatv_wii_fob_bb25boxart_160w.jpg

MX vs. ATV Untamed kicks it up a notch and shifts into high gear as the best selling offroad franchise returns. The legendary Rhythm Racing engine allows for new stunts and techniques, retaining the smooth and authentic feel of off-road racing at full speed.

Attempt to own the offroad by dominating the innovative new "X-Cross Tournament." X-Cross on the Wii game system brings together 6 unique racing series and then crosses them into one ultimate offroad championship. Brand new styles of racing are born as powerful vehicles tear through treacherous trails. And take it online with up to eightplayers each ripping up the race track.

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors - Feb 19th - $59.99
dragon_quest_swords_masked_queen_wiiboxart_160w.jpg

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors is an exclusive title utilizes the Wii's motion-sensing controls as players use the Wii remote to slash, parry and blast their way through a land filled with trademark Dragon Quest foes.

Pimp My Ride - Feb 19th - $39.99
PimpMyRideBoxart_orgboxart_160w.jpg

Enter Pimp City, where bling is king, and style is everything. On these streets, if your car isn't fully pimped out, you'd be better off walking. You and Xzibit will take on the challenge of hooking up your homies, and transforming their hoopties, buckets and beaters into the hottest whips on the street, while redlining through the highways and alleyways of Pimp City. You choose the mods, you choose the route, but pimpin' ain't easy. It will take speed and style to hook them up. Do you have what it takes to Pimp Their Ride?

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection - Feb 20th - $29.99
pbhofwiiboxart_160w.jpg

Pinball Hall of Fame – The Williams Collection faithfully recreates eight of the most memorable tables from the golden age of pinball in stunning, photorealistic 3D. Players begin the game with access to four pinball tables, and the remaining four tables are unlocked as the game progresses. Players can spend as little as two minutes on a quick pinball challenge, or delve deeper into the game, gaining rewards in a token-based system as they unlock each of the pinball tables. Single-player Arcade and Challenge modes provide hours of solo entertainment, and a Multiplayer mode lets players face each other head-on.

Dragon Quest Swords really is all that interests me there.
Can't see the rest, especially Pimp My Ride being any good.

pimp my ride was annouced as the worst multiplatform game of the year, no one get it.

Why is DQ swords $60? Sounds crazy to me. It seems a little too casual for my taste. Not interested in any of that.

Been waiting on the Dragon [STRIKE]Warrior[/STRIKE] Quest release date since I heard of it.

*Please don't be too casualized, Please don't be too casualized, Please don't be too casualized*

I was wondering about the $60 price tag for Dragon Quest, maybe IGN made a mistake.

it may not be a mistake..

its only a matter of time that us Nintendo fans get shafted with pricier games

Eddienoteddy said:
its only a matter of time that us Nintendo fans get shafted with pricier games

i think i speak for all us nintendo fans when i say ****

Honestly I don't see it selling well if its really $60. Its probably a mistake. I don't think most wii owners are willing to pay $60. Some games don't even sell well at $50. Endless Ocean debuting at $30 was a great idea by nintendo, when zack and wiki went to $30 a ton more people grabbed a copy. Mercury meltdown budget title at $20 gets alot of respect. If DQ swords is staying at $60 its not going to sell well and then developers won't try to push a higher price tag again.

he does this every week...

and i'm still waiting for a price drop on battalion wars 2!

Back