*new ipods*

*Chris* said:
And suddenly the price of Sony's Playstation 3 makes oh so much sense :yesnod:
Woah if 8 GB for an ipod is 250 dollars, then 600 dollars for a 60 gb ipod isn't bad. Plus it could do more than play music.
(Please don't flame me for this guys)

Supermariomp3 said:
Woah if 8 GB for an ipod is 250 dollars, then 600 dollars for a 60 gb ipod isn't bad. Plus it could do more than play music.

heh... hmmmm that is kinda screwy, i guess the extra money when buying the nano would be the purchase for the size and small-ness of the ipod ..... i have an ipod video but it feels humongous so i dont take it many places unless im going a far way in my car, or if im meeting with friends i havent seen in a while because i wanna show them pics and such, or taking programs to a friends house ... but yeah.... its cool they have the ipod video, i think that what they needed to do was make one with a voice recorder built in, but that is just my opinion..... ( i have the 30 gb 5g ipod vid)

komio said:
im sick of product placement but NOT sick of technological advances in this world, it makes more of a convinience, and has no bad impact on us as a culture except if providing information more effectivly and more quickly is a crime?, i got the email this morning of the new ipods which i think they are really cool, and hopefully they wont have the same scratch issues the recent batch of 5g ipods have had ya know?

I disagree. These "technilogical advances" have only been for entertainment purposes. Yet another thing to make humans more lazy then they already are, and I don't only mean ipods. It's gotten out of hand how lazy people are getting. These new technologies are making people spend a fortune on unnecessary crap.

On the contrary, it makes less of a convenience: It causes people to spend more, thus, work more. People have become so uptight about their cell-phones and all their little crap now-a-days. As much as it may seem to "improve" communication toward humans, it actually seperates them. In the past people would actually go to each other's houses to talk face to face, now, all they do is call from their cell-phone and it weakens social skills. Kids in school all are wearing headphones and not socializing with others. Adults are locked on their cell-phones and can't even hang it up for a minute to check out at a store. It's REDICULOUS!

People are treating cell-phones and ipods as if they are a religion. It's bad for economy as well. It causes inflation which causes prices to go up, which also causes our pay to go up, but that is not a good thing. If prices and pay go up, the dollar looses it's value and before you know it, all currencies are as mad as Mexican currency.

I understand using this new technology for things like fighting crime and keeping criminals off the street, but I do not agree in the manner it has been forced upon citizens. Constant commercials, subliminal messages in tv and movie programs, product placement, telemarketers and the list goes on...Even on those crappy-ass reality shows with their "text message votes" that only make the cell-phones additional money.

It's gotten to the point where humans are now communicating with technology more then other humans. Social skills have gone down the drain along with morals and values. I whole-heartedly believe that enough is enough. Want to use technology to help the enviornment? Wonderful! Want to use it to put away creeps? Awesome! But for the love of God, stop shoving it in our faces as if it's the "new-age" thing that everybody MUST do. People need to go back to reading books and visiting eachother instead of leaving a message from their crap razor phone.

Supermariomp3 said:

*Flames Supermariomp3*

lol, JK. :lol:

But yeah, it really doesn't seem that bad, does it?

Wow! Yeah, I agree with most of what you said. However, music I believe music is very important to have in life. Yes, reading is a great escape and can be very enjoyable as can talking with someone face to face. I really hate talking on the phone for the most part because you can never tell what the other person is really thinking, which you can only see in their facial expressions and body language.

I think music really helps a lot of people, including me, get through the day. It's just about being entertained, it's about feeling the music, atleast for me anyway. It lets me go back in time, mainly to the 70's (I wasn't alive at the time, but the music produced then was and still is the best music period) and it lets me think. I don't listen to most of that crap that's considered "in" like all the sh*ty rap, hard rock, country and pop music that has no depth or substance. Music is inspiring and can be a driving force. Seriously, in history class, I don't know why there isn't an American Music unit; it's something that defines generations. iPods and other mp3 players let us carry around sometimes amazing collections of music in the palm of our hand and while some use them way too often or just to look cool (those people usually have hideously lame music collections and/or pr0n on their iPods), there are a lot of people who just love and breath music.

NateTheGreat said:
Wow! Yeah, I agree with most of what you said. However, music I believe music is very important to have in life. Yes, reading is a great escape and can be very enjoyable as can talking with someone face to face. I really hate talking on the phone for the most part because you can never tell what the other person is really thinking, which you can only see in their facial expressions and body language.

I think music really helps a lot of people, including me, get through the day. It's just about being entertained, it's about feeling the music, atleast for me anyway. It lets me go back in time, mainly to the 70's (I wasn't alive at the time, but the music produced then was and still is the best music period) and it lets me think. I don't listen to most of that crap that's considered "in" like all the sh*ty rap, hard rock, country and pop music that has no depth or substance. Music is inspiring and can be a driving force. Seriously, in history class, I don't know why there isn't an American Music unit; it's something that defines generations. iPods and other mp3 players let us carry around sometimes amazing collections of music in the palm of our hand and while some use them way too often or just to look cool (those people usually have hideously lame music collections and/or pr0n on their iPods), there are a lot of people who just love and breath music.

I agree. I love music.(Good music anyways) I don't consider all that modern crap music. Music, to me, is the 20s - 70s and that includes any classical music too.

~Marisa~ said:
I agree. I love music.(Good music anyways) I don't consider all that modern crap music. Music, to me, is the 20s - 70s and that includes any classical music too.
Right on! Yeah, I like listening to old music, like really, really old music sometimes, like "hill music" if you know what I mean. Yeah, I pretty much hate all 80s music, and the 90's aswell as 00's haven't been too hot either, although there are quite a few modern bands that really shine, like The Shins, Modest Mouse, Guster, Iron & Wine, The Flaming Lips, etc.

NateTheGreat said:
Right on! Yeah, I like listening to old music, like really, really old music sometimes, like "hill music" if you know what I mean. Yeah, I pretty much hate all 80s music, and the 90's aswell as 00's haven't been too hot either, although there are quite a few modern bands that really shine, like The Shins, Modest Mouse, Guster, Iron & Wine, The Flaming Lips, etc.
Omg tell me about it! I HATE the 80s and aren't too found of the 90's or 00's either. I swear, everytime I pass the music channels, it's another clone no-name band. I think they ahve a new band every week. Whatever happened to the bands that stayed around for decades? Like The Beatles or The Doors? There's no good bands like that now. And yes, I agree on the few good ones like Modest Mouse, Bjork, Radio Head, Jolie Holland (Don't know if you know her, but she's absolutely amazing!)

~Marisa~ said:
Omg tell me about it! I HATE the 80s and aren't too found of the 90's or 00's either. I swear, everytime I pass the music channels, it's another clone no-name band. I think they ahve a new band every week. Whatever happened to the bands that stayed around for decades? Like The Beatles or The Doors? There's no good bands like that now. And yes, I agree on the few good ones like Modest Mouse, Bjork, Radio Head, Jolie Holland (Don't know if you know her, but she's absolutely amazing!)
Yes, while I like these new bands, it doesn't seem like they talk about love and experiences to half the scale that The Beatles and Bob Dylan did; oh, speaking of Bob Dylan, I'm like that new add he's in, even though it's promoting Apple's music store, which I never buy music from.

Now, I don't know Jolie Holland, but I'll check her out. I really like stumbling upon artists that hardly anybody has heard of. If you want to hear an amazing artist, look for Neko Case. She's got amazing songs with intricate lyrics; best singer I've heard in a loooong time. For some reason they try to pigeon-hole her into to the Alternative Country genre, which I guess is slightly understandable, but she leans heavily on the Alternative side. To get started, check out her most recent album, Fox Confessor Brings The Flood. Yes, weird name, but an outstanding album; everytime I play it outloud, people's heads turn. She could be compared to Janis Joplin or the main girl from Jefferson Airplane.

Also, look for Elliott Smith. My favorite song of his, Miss Misery, is on the Good Will Hunting soundtrack, aswell as a few of his other songs. He committed suicide a few years ago, before I had heard of him, and when you hear some of his stuff, you'll really wish he was still here.

I love talking about music.:D

lol this one likes old music to
50s up

Just herd about games on one

Bleedin pacman again sick of it

Back