New Member... some questions

dendj5

Wii # 0191-3081-9171-5295
Nov 27, 2006
Worcester, MA
Wii Online Code
0191-3081-9171-5295
Hey all, I am new to the board and I just purchase my Wii yesterday at Best Buy and man I am so glad for it. I was not originally thinking of buying the Wii but I think it was a great investment.

I have a few questions:

1. I have my Miis sent to Mingle and have turned on the Travel setting but no other Miis have strolled into my area? With all the Wii's out there, shouldn't I see at least a few? Any idea why I am not seeing them.

2. Does anyone know how often the Wii refreshes over the internet? I sent an email from a registered email last night and a half hour later, before I went to sleep it still had not arrived. At the same time I had sent one from my Wii to the email address and it was there within minutes.

3. When my Wii is in stand by my Slot does not illuminate when data is recieved. Anyone else have this problem?

1) Give it time

2) It takes a bit, not too bad imho.

3) Check your options in the wiiconnect24 section. Set it to bright, it should fix it.

1. The mingle setting is meant so your mii's will go to the mii parade

2. Not really sure about that one

3. And no my slot illuminates when I get messages

(1) i believe you and a friend need to both enter each others wii friend code and then set both your miis to mingle, then eachothers miis will travel to each others console and u can save them

yuzi87 said:
(1) i believe you and a friend need to both enter each others wii friend code and then set both your miis to mingle, then eachothers miis will travel to each others console and u can save them

Incorrect.

Sillyhat said:
Damn, you just went to Best Buy and bought it, sounds too easy.

Not that easy. I have a friend who works at Best Buy and he tipped me that they would go on sale yesterday morning. I was 14th in line but I knew they had at least 40 in stock. I work at a bar/nightclub and did not get home until 4AM and had to get up at 7AM to get in line. So all in all it was well worth being exhausted all day yesterday.

Mmy said:
1) Give it time

2) It takes a bit, not too bad imho.

3) Check your options in the wiiconnect24 section. Set it to bright, it should fix it.

I set it to bright it did not work, I set it to dim it did not work. The slot lights up when I put a game in but does not light up when I receive data.

Wiiboy93 said:
1. The mingle setting is meant so your mii's will go to the mii parade

2. Not really sure about that one

3. And no my slot illuminates when I get messages

I have the Miis set to Mingle but also have the Travel setting in the Mii Parade screen. I just have not had any Miis come to my Wii.

wow! 7AM? i work at best buy too and my g/f had to stand in line at 10PM the night before!

Back