New Wii. Wireless internet questions.

abramjo

WiiChat Member
Dec 29, 2006
Alabama
Just got a new Wii. I have been told that I can connect to a wireless router, which I have with my high-speed internet. Anyway, do I need any additional Wii hardware to do this? Also, assuming I can get the Wii talking to my router, what can I do with the Wii online? Thanks for any information.

--Johnny

hey jonny,
Well the wii can hook up 2 any wireless network in your area. The wii online: You can download games and new hardwear. Look on the shopping channel. And congrats 2 getting the wii.
P.s Also you can download the internet browser for free. *trail versian* and thats goood like you can got on any internet website

At the moment i belive it's about 10, maybe 15, but they are from the sega, and nes, one from n64, which is super mario 64. but you have to pay for them with Wii points, different amounts depending on the console. i believe it's £14 for 2000 wii points, and you can get like 2-4 games for that.

the wii has built in wireless networking so you just go into your settings and search for your router.. nothing else should be needed. Nintendo was cool for throwing that in

Okay. I get it now. Next question. I have my router set up such that it will receive connections from only the MAC addresses I tell it to. Does the Wii have a MAC address for its wireless card?

Back