New Wii Zelda May Require MotionPlus To Function

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Nintendo game design legend Shigeru Miyamoto has revealed that the new Wii Zelda - which was announced at this year's E3 - is being built with the intention of exploiting the newly-released Wii MotionPlus accessory.

For those of you that don't know, MotionPlus bolts onto the base of the Wii Remote and offers a more accurate detection of movement.

Speaking to Wired, Miyamoto said:

The goal at this point is that we would make Wii MotionPlus required in order to play Zelda. he bigger hurdle for us is not really whether people have a Wii MotionPlus or don't have it, it's whether or not the experience is one where people will think they want to have a Wii MotionPlus in order to experience it.

He also added that the game is due out next year, but warned that it might take a little longer to complete.

heres the link http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2009/06/new_wii_zelda_may_require_motionplus_to_function

Sounds awesome. I'll definitely pick up Wii motion plus with Red Steel 2. I like the idea but Wii Sports isn't really my thing. :/

Finaly, my wiimote will now become a virtual sword...and it will actually kill stuff! Now all we need is a star wars game with wmp

I don't get why they're so reluctant to make a star wars game with light saber battling. I'd be completely satisfied with a simple port of the Star Wars Trilogy Arcade game.

But for this next Zelda game, I hope it's a big departure from Twilight Princess. Not because I disliked TP, but because I just like the Zelda games that are different, like Majora's Mask for example.

i played through twilight princess faithfuly but i must admit, most of the wolf quests were tedious and i would've rather been swinging my sword.

that will be cool. but as i havent played with wii motion plus yet, i have to wonder if it really makes that big of a difference...

Back