Miyamoto Talks Zelda With MotionPlus

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
It looks line the next installment on the Zelda series might have WMP after all.

medium.jpg

http://images.nintendolife.com/news..._zelda_with_motionplus/attachment/0/large.jpgWhat secrets do you hold, Link?

Swordplay and targeting get a boost

Details on the next installment in the Legend of Zelda series have been few and far between since Miyamoto unveiled concept art for the in-development title at E3 in June, depicting a swordless Link back-to-back with a mysterious, sword-like creature. Then we heard that the game wouldn't be radically different from previous entries. Oh, and we heard MotionPlus was in, possibly required.
Speaking to investors during a Q&A session during Nintendo's earnings briefing, Shigeru Miyamoto mentioned how the next Zelda would take advantage of the dongle.
We're using MotionPlus to make you feel much more like you're actually fighting while holding a sword in your hand.
Swordplay isn't the only mechanic to see improvement thanks to the peripheral; the targeting system will also benefit.
In the previous game, you aimed at things by pointing at the screen, but this time we'll use MotionPlus to create a much more convenient targeting system and a more pleasurable playing experience.
Smart money would bet on an archery system similar to the one found in Wii Sports Resort, which seems like a grand idea to us.

heres the link http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=12942

nice find,
its kind of annoying how they always give us enough information to get excited but not enough to tell us what the game will really be like XD.

i havent bought MotionPlus yet so i dont really know how this could affect the game though

hopefully it comes with Motion+ cause i don't want to buy it seperately.

and i refuse to buy shovelware like Sports Resort for one. just cause it's made by nintendo doesn't mean it isn't shovelware.

hopefully it comes with Motion+ cause i don't want to buy it seperately.

and i refuse to buy shovelware like Sports Resort for one. just cause it's made by nintendo doesn't mean it isn't shovelware.

Actually wii sports resort is worth it, at least in my opinion. The ping pong is fun, basketball isnt bad, sword play is awesome!!! and the dog fight isnt bad! but like i said thats my opinion ;)

I have a feeling that by the time this game comes out, M+ will already be out there enough. They won't bundle it with the game.

And Shadow*91, I hope you've played Sports Resort before making that comment. I think it is a great multiplayer game. I also bought the Tiger Woods '10 game bundled with M+. I reccomend both. Good find on the Zelda info, keep it coming.

just cause it's considered good doesn't mean it isn't shovelware. its just nintendo brand shovelware. i for one, refuse to buy shovelware because i feel that its giving in to the people that call the wii a joke system. most of the games on the wii are shovelware and thats wrong. we should have plenty of great games but instead all most developers see is 'make big money with some minigame crap'. and because a lot of people (especially parent) think these type of games will be fun they buy them for thier kids. now i'm fine with having fun multi-player games but the wii has other multiplayer games that are a hundred times better(SSBB, Mario Kart, the list goes on) yet the best selling games on the wii are shovelware games. its wrong cause the wii is better then that. it doesn't help that nintendo usually makes bundles of the shovelware. it's like over half the world thinks the wii is only good for shovelware. thats why i will never buy shovelware, no matter how much praise it gets. i don't care if a shovelware game gets hailed the greatest game in the history of the universe, i would touch it. i'd rather play an old NES crappy game then buy or play shovelare.

I accept with information:just cause it's considered good doesn't mean it isn't shovelware. its just nintendo brand shovelware.

What is shovelware?

games like that carnival Wii game or Wii play and stuff. games wher the entire game is just minigames. Wii Sports and Sports Resort are also shovelware.
though i don't understand where the term shovelware came from.

No, Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort are not shovelware. They are very well made, very polished and fun.

Shovelware are games made fast and cheap and with very poor quality. It doesn't matter if they're mini-game collections or not (although since mini games can be cranked out fast, many shovelware games are minigame collections).

They get dumped onto retail shelves by the masses - think of a big pile of crappy games and someone is shoveling them onto the store shelves. Much like someone shoveling a big pile of manure from an animal pen.

Back