Dec3it

WiiChat Member
Jun 3, 2007
Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie at forums as well as a newbie in a Wii.
Just got a WII from Japan, ^.^

The only problem with it is I can;t read Japanese.
Is there a way to convert the menus to English?

Thanks in Advance for any advise.

Go to languages if you can find it. Top of system settings 3.....You won't get english tho..... bummer. Better start studying. WHY'D YA DO THAT?!! I don't understaaaand!!!!!!!!!!! *hangs head* Sorry for no help.

well, the set came pre-modchiped. brand new.
And with 13 games for the same price as a normal system.
i thought it was well worth it.
that is untill i found out i had no idea what the menu says. Lol

Dec3it said:
well, the set came pre-modchiped. brand new.
And with 13 games for the same price as a normal system.
i thought it was well worth it.
that is untill i found out i had no idea what the menu says. Lol

ahem... can you read the games?

must be a flimsy mod-chip. Get the chip seperate so you can make sure it'll work.

You should have bought the English Wii......anyways..Welcome to the wii forums. Enjoy playing your wii.

Lost In Translation

New user here too with a Japanese modded Wii...i share your pain with the system menu all in Katakana. I had no choice though because the jap version is the only Wii available here in China. So after intense research throughout the net, the answer is a resounding, "No you can't change the language on a japanese Wii." And when you connect online, its also all only in japanese, the Wii news channel, weather etc. Can't surf the net either unless you know your japanese characters. :wtf:

dirob said:
New user here too with a Japanese modded Wii...i share your pain with the system menu all in Katakana. I had no choice though because the jap version is the only Wii available here in China. So after intense research throughout the net, the answer is a resounding, "No you can't change the language on a japanese Wii." And when you connect online, its also all only in japanese, the Wii news channel, weather etc. Can't surf the net either unless you know your japanese characters. :wtf:

*chuckles*

Firstly welcome to the forums.

*still chuckling*

Your suprised response is nothing short of amusing.

A Wii bought in Japan, that's in...... Japanese!?!?! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Dec3it & Dirob, one word for you. Unlucky.

Refreshments will be served in the buffet car shortly......

A Wii bought in Japan, that's in...... Japanese!?!?! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I live in Shanghai, CHINA and the units available here are Japanese versions only. (It came pre-modded though with 20 free games and an extra wiimote/nunchuck and step-down transformer thankfully! :smilewinkgrin: )

Dec3it & Dirob, one word for you. Unlucky.

Incredibly unlucky. If Toys-R-Us were allowed to open shop in China, the US version would've been available to us. I had no choice really...

Refreshments will be served in the buffet car shortly.....

Where's the line?

:crazy:

dirob said:
I live in Shanghai, CHINA and the units available here are Japanese versions only. (It came pre-modded though with 20 free games and an extra wiimote/nunchuck and step-down transformer thankfully! :smilewinkgrin: )

Nice (or at least it seems)

dirob said:
Incredibly unlucky. If Toys-R-Us were allowed to open shop in China, the US version would've been available to us. I had no choice really...

That sucks eggs! Hu Jintao needs to sort that out :mad5:

Back