Nintendo DS purchased in US for use in Thailand?

Geckotek

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2006
Dallas, TX
Wii Online Code
6557-4845-7665-3160
I am looking to purchase a DS and some games for donation to a orphanage in Thailand. I just want to make sure there aren't any issues I should be concerned about.

A) I assume the charger will work if I get an adapter??
B) Will games purchased in Thailand work in the US version of the system?
C) Any other gotchas I should be concerned about?

TIA!

i dont think a ds would be good to donate because they might fight over it i was going to donate a psp to a school in gunna(idk how to spell) and they said it wsnt a good idea because the children would fight over it money is better

I am looking to purchase a DS and some games for donation to a orphanage in Thailand. I just want to make sure there aren't any issues I should be concerned about.

A) I assume the charger will work if I get an adapter??
B) Will games purchased in Thailand work in the US version of the system?
C) Any other gotchas I should be concerned about?

TIA!

A) The current in America is 120v, in Thailand it's 220v, so an American charger will need a step down adapter.. .. .. some of them have been known to be unreliable. It might be an idea to source a DS charger from Thailand to reduce the risk of problems.

B) The DS is region free (unlike the DSi) so you have got no issues at all with games from any region of the world. I've got both UK and US DS's in my house and they all play all of the games (including connecting online) without any problems at all

C) Import tax?

Back