Nintendo say No to wii hard drive

cyberzomby said:
Look at all the "items" you use in youre argument. Almost any of them have got completely no use. A ps2 mouse....Gamecube adapter ( for only 1 or 2 online games ) snes mouse....

Ok - name some add-ons, that were required for gameplay, that did sell well and were well supported.

The closest I can think of are the Wii Nunchucks and Classic Controllers.

Um, 2GB SD cards are electrically different than 4GB cards. Not all SD slots support 4GB cards. If you look at most PDA's and cameras, they run into this issue too.

My guess is that N saved a few bucks by using the older SD circuitry.

I read some articles today where nintendo was denying it, calling the harddrive idea a rumor. Hopefully, they are just keeping it on the downlow to suprise us at E3. Or maybe they will wait until its closer for the wiiware. We must have more space though.

strommsarnac said:
Um, 2GB SD cards are electrically different than 4GB cards. Not all SD slots support 4GB cards. If you look at most PDA's and cameras, they run into this issue too.

My guess is that N saved a few bucks by using the older SD circuitry.

Then a BIOS update to alter the voltage would work, I really doubt there going to be that much different most port are like 3-5mAmps.

If they can allow a firmware upgrade that let's us actually utilize our 2gb sd cards for vc games, saved games, downloadable content later. Then awesome. That would be absolutely fine. As of right now though, it's just going to waste. The wii is a console, not one of those media center consoles like ps3/xbox360.

dont QQ guys
nintendo already stated their console was a "gaming" console and wasnt an "entertainment box"
even though they were already a hypocrite on this and went out to release a browser, news channel, weather channel, and all these other pointless channels that dont deal with gaming..they dont want to be too much of a hypocrite, now do they?

Sovieto said:
dont QQ guys
nintendo already stated their console was a "gaming" console and wasnt an "entertainment box"
even though they were already a hypocrite on this and went out to release a browser, news channel, weather channel, and all these other pointless channels that dont deal with gaming..they dont want to be too much of a hypocrite, now do they?

With the Everybody Votes and the Internet Channel you can turn them off (erase them). I like that. I could see me erasing those soon. They're kind of pointless to me.

I wish I could do the same with Weather, News, & Photos. I'm eventually going to run out of room and those channels aren't likely to be used by me and I'd rather have the VC space for something downloaded that I wanted rather than them being locked to these things I don't use.

I can't say the Internet + Weather channels are pointless. Sometimes when I have friends over, and we don't feel like gathering around the computer or using the mouse and turning 90 degrees to control what's on the television we just use the wii. My friends are always up to date on the most retarded flash/video's.

Back