nintendo wii graphics from nights???

brigipson

worldsbestgamer
Nov 25, 2007
michigan
hey whats up gamers i was just looking up night journey of dream and they gave it a fairly decent rateing so i am going to pick it up tomorrow probably. Acouple of things i had to think about for night journey of dreams. When i was reading the gamer reviews One, i read that nights has fairly decent graphics it even. It went as far as to say in some parts of the game the graphics are even better then super mario galazy. I was like wowed when i read that. So the question for wii I guess is still a mystery, and that question has to be how good can the nintendo wii's graphics get? if the graphics from the wii can get so good how come all the nintendo wii's games dont look like that?

I mean think about it why does nintendo make crappy games sometimes then turn around and basically say haha fooled you didnt i and then come out with some really good games with great graphics. lol so i dont understand nintendo at all we love the system but why dont they put it on par with the other systems as graphics go, because obvisiouly and this is my opinion as well but the system can dish out some pretty mean graphics, and im not saying that cause im a fanboy but from just a average gamer standards.you know what i think its cause of the holidays. Well in my closing im decided that i am going to pick it up but the question still remains if nintendo can dish it out as graphics go why dont they all the time? and not just when christmas comes around and they can get alot of sales around this time. opinions please.

The reason that not all Wii games have awesome graphics, is because developers don't know how to push the Wii to it's limits. Either they don't know how to, or they can't be bothered.

killik119 said:
The reason that not all Wii games have awesome graphics, is because developers don't know how to push the Wii to it's limits. Either they don't know how to, or they can't be bothered.

^^What he said.^^

Wii could be pushed harder than SMG, if they dropped it to a solid 30FPS (still not bad), they could achieve quite a lot more visually.
But youre right, developers dont know/cant be arsed to take advatage of it yet.
Remember how much better Perfect Dark looked compared to Goldeneye? And yet they were both for 64.

but why make a game with good graphics then make another game with crappy graphics and as a gamer i seen the wii get close to ps3 or 360 graphics so why not make all there games like that i mean think of the sales why stop now when they know the system can show true promise, and also as a gamer im disappointed not as much in the games but to know that the wii can show promise on all levels but it doesnt some of the times it just pisses me off kinda. people say well the wii doesnt have good graphics well does? it i mean who really knows. Like i said some games graphically look awesome and graphically on the level with the other next gen systems, not to say graphics is what they were really aiming for on the wii it was the controls of course but we as gamers have seen enough of our share of crappy games from the wii, and i guess that what we already expect coming from the wii and then bam they hit us with good graphically looking games almost to say the wii can do but we dont want to show all of our surprises or to say we just dont want to put alot of effort into a third party games unless its christmas time and we can make alot of money off game. SO AGAIN WITH CLOSING WHAT IS THE WII REALLY CAPABLE OF???

brigipson said:
but why make a game with good graphics then make another game with crappy graphics and as a gamer i seen the wii get close to ps3 or 360 graphics so why not make all there games like that i mean think of the sales why stop now when they know the system can show true promise, and also as a gamer im disappointed not as much in the games but to know that the wii can show promise on all levels but it doesnt some of the times it just pisses me off kinda. people say well the wii doesnt have good graphics well does? it i mean who really knows. Like i said some games graphically look awesome and graphically on the level with the other next gen systems, not to say graphics is what they were really aiming for on the wii it was the controls of course but we as gamers have seen enough of our share of crappy games from the wii, and i guess that what we already expect coming from the wii and then bam they hit us with good graphically looking games almost to say the wii can do but we dont want to show all of our surprises or to say we just dont want to put alot of effort into a third party games unless its christmas time and we can make alot of money off game. SO AGAIN WITH CLOSING WHAT IS THE WII REALLY CAPABLE OF???

Yer well Nintendo DO make their games look good... but other companies make games for Wii too (just like PS3 and 360). Thry just dont try hard enough and are after the quick buck..

well dude why stop now nintendo IF NINTENDO SCOUTERS READ THIS POST FOR SOME ODD REASON MY STATEMENT TO YOU IS DONT STOP NOW. DONT MAKE A GOOD GAME JUST CAUSE ITS CHRISTMAS!!

LOL are you the bloke that doesn't use punctuation? God its hard to read that!!
BTW, Wii wont be able to match PS3/360 so to say, but certain 'good' Wii games come close to some 'worse' PS3/360 games. Keep in mind that PS3/360 are like 5x more powerful than Wii and are running in HD....

lol deanis i am the bloke that doesnt use punuation im a free spirit i go wherever the wind take me.

also to deanis from the standards of the wii controls system plus good graphics games, thats good enough for me because now i see the wii can have both. its just a matter of effort and time. So people im and not 100 percent sure but i think the wii graphically can be pushed further then what we thought. Maybe just maybe

Yeh, Wii wont ever be able to compare with 360/ps3s graphics... but it doesn't need to, and it's proven that through sales.

The innovation of the Wii's controls are more than enough to keep gamers playing the ecxiting games the bless the Wii. And these are only early games. In one or two years, you'll see good looking games with some incredibly addictive controls.

Yay for Wii

ok so let me ask you guys this can the wii have good graphics and good gameplay? not onto par with the ps3 or 360 but can the by itself pose pretty decent graphics?

brigipson said:
ok so let me ask you guys this can the wii have good graphics and good gameplay? not onto par with the ps3 or 360 but can the by itself pose pretty decent graphics?

Yes, with effort, creativity, good art direction, the wii can do good graplics.

Have you seen Mario Galaxy. That has 'good' graphics... slightly low polygon count, but good graphics and fairly high-res texture work. And it runs smoothly, unlike some PS3 games...

Back