Wii vs GC graphics

zachp18 said:
Gameplay, i think matters much more than graphics but like you said, graphics for the wii are dissipointing. I mean come on, some games have graphics that are par with the ps2...:sick:

truuuee II guesss

Hmm...

Well, from a hardware point of view, if anything the Wii will lag less for example when turning around so the "scenery" has to rotate (observed on Sonic Adventure 2: Battle/Sonic Adventure DX/SSB Melee) because really, the Wii is to the Gamecube what nVidia's "Geforce4 MX" was to the "GeForce2 MX". Not much new, just on steroids (higher clocks) and so on....

And with the extra power, and more RAM (512 vs 48 i think), i'm sure graphics will be capable of looking better than a PS2 usually does (though lets face it, Dreamcast has better graphics compared to the PS2 on titles that were released for both, etc. Also the DC could do up to 7M polygons/sec but for some reason SEGA only officially said 3M....yet the GC specs are 6M...odd. The DC should've been what the Wii is now 7 years ago! I loved surfing on that lil beige box...'till my gran got the phone bill. Hahaha! :)).

Last edited:
just as a question, are you guys playing on 480i or 480p. because i just component cables about a week ago, and the games look SO much better with them. Well, most of them anyways, because they all pretty much support 480p.

Back