To All Wii Fans...

These threads aren't being monitored enough. When the longest lasting threads on these forums are just people bitching at each other, we have problems. Sovieto this thread has no meaning other than flame bait.

sagema said:
These threads aren't being monitored enough. When the longest lasting threads on these forums are just people bitching at each other, we have problems. Sovieto this thread has no meaning other than flame bait.
what are you talking about?!

sagema said:
Yeah, on most gaming forums PS3 vs. 360 vs. Wii threads are banned........

Major Tom said:
Yeah, on most gaming forums PS3 vs. 360 vs. Wii threads are banned........
yah well this isnt anything vs anything really
its just a writing
and yah i noticed that (segema or whatever) the longest threads are the ones about bitching and what not about the consoles, if you wanted flame bait, i could say this, something ive had in the back of my mind:
its sad those are the longest threads, it just seems to show people dont have anything to do with the wii or talk about on a wii forum except defend it..

Sovieto said:
yah well this isnt anything vs anything really
its just a writing
and yah i noticed that (segema or whatever) the longest threads are the ones about bitching and what not about the consoles, if you wanted flame bait, i could say this, something ive had in the back of my mind:
its sad those are the longest threads, it just seems to show people dont have anything to do with the wii or talk about on a wii forum except defend it..
Hey I'm using my Wii now.

Major Tom said:
Hey I'm using my Wii now.
i meant using as in talking about, i realized that it didnt sound like that but i was to lazy to edit

a ps3 is like a family grill
its big black and used once in a while!
it makes food horrible and burnt and gross
its for sale,some people buy it (never use it) or it just sits on store shelfs!

lol but i have a 60gig ps3 its good (i only use it for blueray anyway..thats the only reason my rents bought it)

ericlewis91 said:
a ps3 is like a family grill
its big black and used once in a while!
it makes food horrible and burnt and gross
its for sale,some people buy it (never use it) or it just sits on store shelfs!

lol but i have a 60gig ps3 its good (i only use it for blueray anyway..thats the only reason my rents bought it)

if the PS3 was a family grill I would be all over it. You got your Awesome burgers, grilled redfish, steak.....oh and it plays games as well. :D

Good point Sovieto about the Wii fanboys I agree.(Wait wah Hell froze over!?)

In my opinion, Gameplay is all that matters in a game. I am currently replaying Contra for the NES again. Contra has logged many hours on my life and I still play it and its a side scroller on the NES. See Gears of War had amazing sparkles (ie mud) and bells but alas I found that past the short bland single player mode the multiplayer wasn't to good either :( .

Battlefield 2/2142 is another one of those bells and whistles games that failed to grasp me after the initial play. I still play Battlefield 1942 and in my mind the game play is far superior than the newer ones (we shall not mention BF:V >_> ).

Inshort, Gameplay isnt defined by the controller but by the game itself. Granted there are some games that are alot more fun with the Wiimote than with a conventional controller (Tigerwoods for example).

Yeah, quit bashing other systems, and praising one over all.
PSWii60 all the way.
Besides, I don't think any can win a console war, lest the other two actually drop out all together.
Who won the last one? Last I heard, it wasn't announced.

When people on these forums say gameplay > graphics they mean that you don't need awesome graphics to have awesome games and therefore the Wii can do just as well or better than the 360 and PS3. Plus, the Wii gives us a whole new way to interact with games which could and i think will make playing video games a lot more fun for me and my friends.

I think the Wii will come out on top this time around. Just look at its up coming games for this year ( the Japan list, which will hopefully be pretty close to the US one). Plus in a year or so good 3rd party titles will start coming out. Also, one of the main features pushed as a selling point by the 360 and PS3 is graphics. And the graphics of these machines will never be as good as the ones I can have on my PC.

For me the entire gaming experience is about immersion.
Graphics or Controls?...
Beer + friends = Wii
Home alone = Ps2/3

Infact, for best graphics, PC will beat all, if you can afford it.

For me i think it basically boils down to the fact that you choose your 'side' from early on.

when i was about 8 or so my dad bought me a snes with the whole scope thing and since then ive been a nintendo fan all the way. he just happened to buy a snes and not a mega drive or what not. so its stuck.

i love mario and zelda so ill never go to any other console purely on that basis. even if other consoles are 'better'.

if i want to play what i call 'proper or real' games (COD2, B&W2, blah blah) i use my PC. But for 'all out fun/cartoony' games i choose nintendo.

Whatever anyone says or the specs of a console whichever one your loyal to will to you be the best. Similar to football (soccer) teams i suppose.

I started out with the NES, then went to the Sega Genesis, then had the 64, then got the PS2, then the XBOX, and now the Wii.

I purchase consoles because of 1 thing, and that is fun. How much fun I can have with whatever games are available for whatever current console I have. I don't hold a grudge against $ony or M$, their products are great, just not what I'm looking for right now. Down the road I plan on getting the 360, specifically for Halo 3. Hopefully at that point the price will have dropped.

I also agree with this guy^^, pc gaming is great.

theDEUCE said:
For me the entire gaming experience is about immersion.
Graphics or Controls?...
Beer + friends = Wii

Exactly!
Girlfriend/wife won't yell at you for playing video games if she's playing along.

im not a fan boy, i just like the concept of the wii. last gen i'd have liked to get an xbox (ps2 looked boring to me, I admit) but i got a GC instead and had plenty of fun. the fact that nintendo made the wii isnt any comfort (actually, im lying as i like the franchises that nintendo has, but you get the point :p ) but i thought nintendo would (did) a great job on the wii. if Microsoft amazingly, somehow, got the wii+the games i wouldnt care who made it. i like nintendo for its games, not for its name or for some fanboyish stuffies. i want a wii because it looks cool, if you were to show me all the game concepts to me say a year ago, i would pick xbox360 as my would-be-system (as i did say about that time) but the more i looked at/into the wii the more interested I became until i decided that Nintendo had really struck a nerve (in a good way :lol:) I don't hate the ps3/xbox360 because of its lack of motion sensing/innovation, indeed, I don't hate them at all. I simply think that they are not up to par with the wii. Motion sensing is a plus, not something to buy it for. W/o motion sensing, many people (myself included) might not have even bought it. Though motion sensing wasn't the reason many bought it, it was enough of a plus to make them like it over the other systems. Like, say, if you decided not to buy a ps3 cause it didn't have a DVD (though it does) and got a 360 instead, you honestly cant say the only reason you bought the 360 was for the DVD or that if the ps3 DID have a DVD you'd have bought it solely
for the DVD. lol, alot was rambling but i like typing :|

Back