To All Wii Fans...

Major Tom said:
Wrong gamecube had one online game. Phantasy Star *something*....... It used the modem port on the bottom of the console......

two online games - Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II, and Phantasy Star Online Episode III:Card Revolution. (had to point this out, i was a big PSO fan lol).

im not really sure what is the discussion point of this thread.. that wii gamers over-use the motion controlls as a reason for wii's "better" gameplay?

It's not really because of the wii mote that nintendo fans might come accross as fanboys or be.. annoying, its because nintendo has always done things a little differently, as well as offer a new type of gameplay the wii-mote has opened up nintendo games for alot of new gamers - wii-mote aside, the game content is still unique on wii and what has always been the driving point of nintendo 'fanboys'... or simply nintendo fans like myself.

of course saying "PS3 & 360 are all about graphics" is an ignorant thing to say, but this is the internet afterall and anyone with half a brain knows PS3/360 have some good gameplay experiences.

For me, it all comes down to what games each console has to offer. I never bought any of the last-gen consoles because I just never had a chance to get any of them and none of the games really appealed to me..so like last year I heard about the PS3 and that it was coming out and I like, "I have to get this!" but then I saw some of the games I said, "Oh HELL NO!" I don't have anything against any of the consoles, really. I had sort of forgotten about Nintendo because I had never bought a GC and the last console I bought was the N64, so I didn't know that Nintendo was coming out with a new console, but when one day I read about it online and saw some of the games that were planned for it. I remembered all of the good times I had playing my N64 with my friends and all so I immediately decided to buy it....So personally, I think that the gameplay matters A LOT...I don't care much for graphics and such..and it all comes down to what games each console has to offer and what kind of people they appeal to. :D

Last edited:
I somewhat agree with sovieto, but I will admit I like the wii way more than the others... like others have said... instead of dishing out 750 for a ps3, I'll dish it out for a video card, get way better graphics, and more versatility in games

I will buy a 360, and a ps3 eventually... when prices lower and the console specific games I want to play come out... I bought a wii cause it was the only console that could offer me something my pc could not

welkl to what you said, i never liked gamecube
except for metroid and melee
all other frnachises went downhill
especially donkey kong since rare stopped making it donkey sucked, donkeykong country and dk64 were awesome, they should have made games like that for gamecube and even wii they're making a racing game, the gamecube was way too childish too,

....now donkey kong dosn't even have a spot in mario party 7/8 which is bull, he runs a shop or something,this infuriated me:mad::mad: and i think the wii is better than other consoles because i think nintendo actually cares for their customers unlike microsoft and sony, shiggeru miyamato is the man, i follow him and brent butt

I think that saying that the 360 and ps3 are for graphics is incredibly narrow minded, last generation no one moaned about using a non-motion controller. Motion sensing doesn't necessarily equal gameplay, it just has different potential. Also directing the post at all Wii fans is incredibly generalising, maybe if it was "To all misinformed/narrow minded Wii fans"

Eh...I sort of disagree. I do think Wii is mostly about the gameplay--NOT, however, relying on the Wii remote. I always thought Zelda, Mario, Metroid, StarFox and the like had always been all about the gameplay. Good points though.

Flagel said:
I think that saying that the 360 and ps3 are for graphics is incredibly narrow minded, last generation no one moaned about using a non-motion controller. Motion sensing doesn't necessarily equal gameplay, it just has different potential. Also directing the post at all Wii fans is incredibly generalising, maybe if it was "To all misinformed/narrow minded Wii fans"
i did that on purpose to draw attention
but i do on to say: quite a bit of you

Back