No Individual Friend Codes For Wii

Secumfex said:
good news, but I think it still needs a better friendsystem, at least with a requestoption

im jus hopein for a friends list to tell u which of ur friends r online and wat room theyre in and wat online game they r playin.

I'm so glad they did this.
It was such a hassle to put in seperate codes on the DS.
Although a gamer tag like the Xbox Live feature would've been easier I don't really mind it.

blueradio said:
I'm so glad they did this.
It was such a hassle to put in seperate codes on the DS.
Although a gamer tag like the Xbox Live feature would've been easier I don't really mind it.
I also like that they are only using the one code and yeah the gamer tag would be easier but nintendo doesn't want to copy Microsoft, they want to do something all their own and different. remember? Nintendo is not competing for the same market as Sony & Microsoft.

SLrocket said:
but that doesnt mean that they cant take the good qualities from each.
yeah i guess that's true they could do that.

Although Nintendo doesn't want to 'copy' Xbox, they still know what people want, and what it takes to make online gameplay work correctly.

Everyone knows the friend code is one of the more annoying parts of the Wii, especially if that was going to be the basis of online play.

What online gameplay needs is:

Gamertags (shows your nickname all the time)
Actual friends list (not friend code list, but a list of people online and available to play the game you are playing at that time)
Score logs, extensive gamer info, etc. That could be a whole different channel in itself. Like a hall of fame, or a top score thing..

Sorry if I'm not making sense, I'm a little ditzy cause of the medication I'm taking..

I'm definitely benefitting from this single code idea - my ds codes get a little frustrating to say the least!

Now its just one 16 digit code to remember regardless of what game I'm on or whom I'm contacting, that's definitely an improvement!

This post was started back in 06...not really up to date. So for all we know this isn't even the case anymore. Which is exactly what I fear.

Back