No Individual Friend Codes For Wii

I think what Wii rules is trying to say is that No longer will the Friendcodes be made up from games and console. Each console will have a single friendcode for every game played on it. For example:
Your Wii has the code - 816378 598455.
This code will be the same no matter what game you play on it.

I hope this clears it up.

Squall7 said:
I think what Wii rules is trying to say is that No longer will the Friendcodes be made up from games and console. Each console will have a single friendcode for every game played on it. For example:
Your Wii has the code - 816378 598455.
This code will be the same no matter what game you play on it.

I hope this clears it up.

Exactly what I was trying to say:yesnod:

This is just great news! I had but sold the original DS the day I bought it, so I never had to deal with friend codes and never wanted to. I sort of hope however, that we just use our Mii as a sort of gamer-tag like Xbox Live and then you just enter like a 4-button-press-password to play a game online like Xbox Live does as well. Random numbers are annoying to remember.

hey everyone. the other boards are to old for me to post in so ill post here..My friend code is 5049-5725-6172-2953. somone please add me then tell me theirs so i can add them

im still confused here.

there will only be one friend code for all games, but how does that amke it so you can have lobbies? wont all the people ion the lobby have to have everyone elses friend code?

your still only able to play against people that ahve your friend code then right?

Somebody clear this all up once and for all. And somebody please add me as their friend!!! I NEED FRIENDS!

my number is 2256 8779 8853 1823

the_peripheral said:
Somebody clear this all up once and for all. And somebody please add me as their friend!!! I NEED FRIENDS!

my number is 2256 8779 8853 1823
As you know your Wii has a number and you can give it a nickname. This number or nickname can be used for all online Wii games, it never changes no matter what Wii game. Unlike the DS where every individual game has a different friend code.

novaa said:
im still confused here.

there will only be one friend code for all games, but how does that amke it so you can have lobbies? wont all the people ion the lobby have to have everyone elses friend code?

your still only able to play against people that ahve your friend code then right?[/QUO

well u know how for every online ds game u have u have a friend code for that game and the only way to play online is to give someone else the friend code that came with the game. well for teh wii it is different b/c every copy of one wii game has one friend code and so that u wont have to get a friend code from somebody else. that is wat wii r tryin to say. so yes wii WILL have lobbies for online wii games in march so u can jus join a group of people to play against.

well, I could go into lobbies in the DS mARIO Kart and Star Fox, I didn't need any codes and stuff, the codes were for adding your friends only..so it was obvious that Nintendo would do the same lobby thing for the Wii

Axtlar said:
well, I could go into lobbies in the DS mARIO Kart and Star Fox, I didn't need any codes and stuff, the codes were for adding your friends only..so it was obvious that Nintendo would do the same lobby thing for the Wii

well i wouldnt kno i never did play a ds online before i jus played final fantasy.

Has anybody heard if there any plans to release a headset or something similar to allow communication whilst playing vs or coop online?

Cheers

Citizen said:
Has anybody heard if there any plans to release a headset or something similar to allow communication whilst playing vs or coop online?

Cheers

yes they r gonna release a headset for those who want to talk by voice and they r also gonna release a keyboard for those people who would rather type tho im all for the headset so i can continue to play while im communicating. still no answer tho to when nintendo will have these accessories released for use in online play.

minismok said:
yes they r gonna release a headset for those who want to talk by voice and they r also gonna release a keyboard for those people who would rather type tho im all for the headset so i can continue to play while im communicating. still no answer tho to when nintendo will have these accessories released for use in online play.
Nice one, thanks for the reply mate.

good news, but I think it still needs a better friendsystem, at least with a requestoption

Back