Nyko Charge Station Owners

[DT]

Gearhead Surf Coder
Aug 30, 2007
Vilano Beach, FL
So we setup the charge station - only had one controller so we rotated both packs through it (we have our extra, Wii isn't here yet). I noticed that the red synch button wouldn't activate the remote? Tried the AA's, blue LED's like normal.

The battery packs appeared to be charging (blue to green LED cycle). I figured it would be odd for both to be bad. I was about to get my meter and check it out, when I found a post with a link from a Nyko charger review.

Pretty simple - the positive [+] battery terminal needs a small bend out to make solid contact. Talking a 30 second fix per battery. Odd, as it seems like a design flaw, or maybe there was a slight change to production remotes?

Anyway, full info and more detailed explanation of the fix is here:

http://www.shaynemckinney.com/node/634

~DT

GC8 said:
odd...i never had to do this with my Nyko charge station.

Yeah, I can't image all of them having this issue - though I was surprised at that one obscure link I posted, there were 4 or 5 people with the exact same problem!

I figure either there was a small internal design change on the controllers or the (Nyko) batteries that led to this problem, or a slight tolerance change in the plastic moldings would probably make a difference (It had to have been 1-2mm gap at the most).

~DT

I never had a problem like this. The most annoying thing I face with them is the contacts not wanting to align properly resulting in the wiimote not charging. Anyone know anything or heard anything that will help fix this situation when it arises

Back