Official Baseball Talk

Ohka Chacin Burnett Halladay B.J. Ryan

all the jays need is a better 5th then towers...

maddmaxx46 said:
Maybe because B.J. Ryan is a closer....:D

I know its just... we got those 5 guys thay are all awsome down to good towers = either REALLY REALLY bad or just bad....

ilikecookies said:
I know its just... we got those 5 guys thay are all awsome down to good towers = either REALLY REALLY bad or just bad....
My bad, I misunderstood your post. Josh Towers did have an awesome rookie season though if I remember right. Hopefully he can do that again for the sake of the Blue Jays.

Edit: 2005 actually.

think lilly will do decent for the cubs. Not like a cy young, but good amount of wins.

he got paid what, 40 million? over 4 years? its like a million bucks a win for sp's in the leauge now.

the offseason market was so low in pitchers. so pitchers like lilly, who arent great but Ok, get paid a lot of money.

Wiitime said:
the offseason market was so low in pitchers. so pitchers like lilly, who arent great but Ok, get paid a lot of money.

is that supposed to be a shot at zito? my lefty's better than your lefty!

FWELR said:
is that supposed to be a shot at zito? my lefty's better than your lefty![/QUO

i didnt even think of that. well Zito is Overrated. He hasent been as good as he was back when he was with the triple threat it was, Mulder, Zito, and Hudson.. Now hes overrated.... But besides zito that was the only big name pitcher. and in the paper i read , for the AL, Pettite was the best free agent. If Pettitte is healthy, he will be better then zito, yet we will have to wait and see! It will be fun!

Zito should do a lot better in a weaker NL. I just don't think him and Bonds will be able to carry the Giants. This looks like a transitional year for them...

maddmaxx46 said:
Zito should do a lot better in a weaker NL. I just don't think him and Bonds will be able to carry the Giants. This looks like a transitional year for them...

yeah I don't think Giants will make playoffs.... it's also a longshot for the Jays to make it.

maddmaxx46 said:

as much as it pains me, that's pretty much my outlook as well. if we can get enough supportive hitting and benitez can try to be a closer, we could win 90 wins, but for some reason i see another 75 win season upon us. time to clear the way for the young guns like linden and frandsen on offense. starting pitching could be a better triple threat than the one the A's had (Zito, Cain, Linecum)

ilikecookies said:
yeah I don't think Giants will make playoffs.... it's also a longshot for the Jays to make it.
It would be nice to see somebody other than the Yankees or Red Sox make the playoffs. If the Red Sox and Blue Jays make it, I will be happy. Just as long as the Yankees don't make it :mad2: .

Back