Olimar?

Congrats on being good with Olimar, then.

tanks everyone except for da guy who said dere are better!!!
;any good strategys for him?

1 major tip he is a close range character not a projectile character or a camping or edge he is a CLOSE RANGE CHARACTER.

and you only know that cause of me.

anyways, yes he is a close fighter. you should only run in order to get more pikmin. then get back in their face and pound them.

Yes I guess I did learn that from you and I was taught well and fast.There was this post somewhere but I forgot where.They gave a description of what order the pikmim came up in and I just can't remember.

all pikmin come out at random but certain colors come out more depending on what ground your on. its not perfect cause its still random but the odds are better for the different ground styles

Earth(stone, dirt, and plants)
Metal(obviously different metals)
Other(energy, clouds, ice, special platforms)

red and yellow are more common from Earth
blue and white are more common from Metal
and purple is more common from Other

I myself was really surprised at myself when I got better with Olimar. He didn't seem like a very good character, but when I got a hang of him, it turned out pretty good.

Well I think it might have been kingslayer but he had his close to that.

I was talking about using Olimar... not fighting one. Many people just spam Side B/A and Down A when using Olimar... making him easy to beat. I was just telling Ice that Olimar's close range moves are very good. They have decent priority and little recovery time. It's quite easy to land 3-4 moves in a matter of seconds, while close range.

Trying to face Olimar in the air can be quite dangerous. His Up A attack (while jumping) is a very easy move to hit with and his Side A (while in the air) can KO. Not to mention that if you perfected the Up B you could easily nail a hit with by dodging and getting into the right spot.

Edit: The reason many people are bad with Olimar is they try to use him as a long-range character when he only has medium range moves coupled with close range moves.

Another factor with Olimar is you need to practice with him until you can see which Pikmin would come up next.

Yellow - Electric (longer range and arcs when thrown)
Red - Fire
Purple - Short range / power (slow + only hits opponent (doesn't latch on))
Blue - Strong / Durable (harder to kill then other Pikmins)
White - Quick and light (easy to kill and when latches on does poison damage)

I prefer using Yellow and Whites while using Side B, Purple or Red when Side A, and Red when Up A.

If you can figure out the pattern you can shape your moves to use which Pikmin you want to.

I'm guessing you mean this? It didn't really have the same thing as Shadow, but whatever.

Edit: On my quoted post I probably should of mentioned that White Pikmin are thrown faster and at a longer distance then others.

Ya, you have a real problem facing them it seems. I guess it's a good thing, for you, that Shadow isn't in the 1v1 brawl league. It's kind of funny seeing CK, an aggro player, tense up when facing a character that is actually smaller than Meta Knight :p.

Back