One Year After, Nintendo Wii Wins the Gaming Consoles Battle

wiisuckba1 said:
cuz its graphics suck, and its a ps2 with motion control that also sucks.
haha! now i know your a noob. a ps2? lol, because GoW2 had better graphics than galaxy, no it doesnt. you obviously have no idea what your talking about. wii is made for FUN, not super god-like hardware which is more expensive than it's weight in gold. maybe one day when you grow up, you'll realise that games arent all about graphics and thats when you'll get bored of 360 and ps3.
and how do the motion controls suck? oh wait, they dont. your just pulling made up reasons out of your ass. just like with the graphics comment. if you knew ANYTHING about games, you'd know that the graphics arent all about the console, they are as much about the game designers as they are about the console. shadow of the collosus, had NO money for expensive graphics... and yet, they made one of the best looking games ps2, if not THE best. so, while ps3 and 360 have HD and more expensive hardware, that doesnt mean that the graphics are instantly better. it just means that they are good looks are more easily achieved on them.
/owned.

wiisuckba1 said:
i aint a fanboy, i have all 3 new systems, i just hate wii, and dont diss ps3 or 360, its not their fault that you cant afford a real system

I have to ask, what are the standards for a "real system" What does a system have to have to qualify as "real?"

I spose to be completely new. Wii IS based off Gamecube architecture with wireless added on (motion is in the controllers not the system). It is however pretty much the best use ever of old architecture, and for a unique 'experience' you cant go past Wii. 360 and PS3 immerse players with more realistic images. Wii draws you in with controls that involve more than just your fingers, and to me that is more engaging. Besides graphics arent quite 'lifelike' just yet, sure the improvement is there and HD does help ALOT, but you still wouldnt be too fooled, so for me graphics cant be the deciding factor, sure theyre nicer, but still not ultra-realistic, and when it comes to gaming, I'm going to need more than the initial 'wow that almost looks like RL' to keep me wanting to play a game til the end. With the Wii, there are a few games out there that certainly dont look as nice as the PS3 or 360, but they sure as hell play well, and with the exception of a few lazy publishers can still look quite nice and be quite deep. I also dont see the point in buying a 360 when all the good games on it that I'd wanna play I can already get on my PC (and yes it can run them). And there is really nothing in PS3's line up that interests me except for GT5 and GTA4.
So grats for Nintendo on winning out this console war for this year altleast, you deserve it after the 8yr spanking you have been copping from PlayStation and lets hope that with even further improvements to controls, better understanding of the ageing Cube architecture and greater support from quality 3rd party developers, you shall keep ahead for the entirety of this current gen console war. Good luck! *sigh*

Not this graphical arguement again

Look time has already proved over and over that the bigger hardware, graphical beast is not always the better choice or even the winner for that matter...Examples include
Nintendo NES won over NEC Turbo Grafx 16
Super Nes won over Atari Jaguar
Sony Playstation won over Nintendo 64
Sony PS-2 won over Microsoft Xbox

Now the most recent example of history repeating itself is the Nintendo Wii over the 360 and PS3.

Gameboy beat Lynx, Gameboy Colour beat Game Gear, Gameboy Advance beat N-gage, Nintendo DS beat PSP....
Graphics mean ****. It is tru that there are MANY MANY more great titles on 360 even over Wii atm I'd say, but I can get them all on PC and they play better on it anyway. PS3 has nothing, and Wii will be getting there by next year, no one wanted to gamble it this year, and I think we have already seen that they should of considering the success of it.
Im also going to admit that Wii is a good 'second option' console. I go to my PC for gaming more than Wii. But if Ive got people over or want something more engaging I'll play Wii.

Sony made a huge mistake by trying to introdue "blue-ray" to the consumers via PS3. This is a strat that Sony uses to try to rule the world (Beta, mini-discs, UMD, Blue ray)

Microsoft has a tendency to have their "consumer beta testing" which means releasing half ass'd things and then having consumers patch, upgrade or replace their original purchase (go to any gamestop and let them tell you how many X Boxes are usually returned)

Nintendo has been in the business while sony and microsoft were in diapers. They knew what people wanted: a game system that gave consumer a whole new experience. Much like they did when they introduced rumble pack technology and DS.

Nintendo Wins hands down, welcome back to where you belong Nintendo: #1

as I said earlyer If you dont like your wii sell it on Ebay for a profit and buy an xbox on ebay and you will have money left over:lol:

Back