Wii set to beat Microsoft's all time sales tally?

i agree.....

about the controls as well.......wii games that are not using motion controls at a nice way suck......it's like they are ps2 games.....like Ice Age 2 game and so on......but most games use motion controls.....i think

ChristmasWii said:
Brawl and Mario Kart are still coming. Nintendo will win.

Just to give you an idea, I'm a gamer but I'm 90% sure I am not getting Mario Kart and I had to be convinced to get Brawl.

lenitao3 said:
i mean it's on the top between the 3 home consoles....

i was talking about sales, when i said "game of the year", it was about the awards of the gaming sites.....not sales.....
it sold 4 million and still selling (top5)how much do you want to say "sold well"

games that are fun are selling the most like "Mario Party 8", could have been the worst ever on other consoles, but rocks on wii....still love it, even if childish

wii might be selling more because of the price but less because of the graphics (which are okay in opinion)

the other 2 might be selling less because of price and more because of graphics.....

lol....it's been a long story with these console sales......i think Wii is going to win...nothing can stop it now, it's so popular and great titles coming....#

*remember that Nintendo "dropped" the graphics, to "drop" the price, which seems to be working....

1.) The wii is not on top of the games being sold for the 3 consoles. Xbox 360 is demolishing both Sony and Nintendo with a software attachment rate of what I believe is around 6 games per console. 360 has 30 games that have currently sold 1 million + copies. 360 is winning the software battle.

2.) The Wii is selling well because it is the first gaming system to appeal to ever age range. My parents own a Wii- because it is fun. My parents simply would not be able to pick up a 360/PS3 controller and figure out how to play any games. The pricepoint helps the Wii sell, but for the ost part it is because of how easy it is to play. This is why games like Galaxy, Zelda, etc are not selling as well as the Halo's because the majority of the Wii's install base bought the system for games like Wii play and Wii sports--not for actual games--people who want to play actual games are buying the 360/ps3, hence the high software attach rate on the 360.

3.) The Wii will win because of reason #2 above, but to try and even put Wii in the same class as ps3/360 is a joke. The next gen race is between Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo has created an entirely new niche market of gaming that is in a class of it's own. The Wii will sell like gangbusters regardless of anything 360 and PS3 come out with--because the systems are not comparable.

ok...so....

1) sorry....i wasn't clear....i meant in the weekly software sales, of course xbox360 has sold more, since it launched 1 year earlier

2)i agree...but also because it's fun.....and has every type of game

3)they are in the same class, according to games generation.....just because Nintendo is smarter to reduce graphics and price and try a wider audience, that does not mean that they are not in the same class.....
-that's also because there are gamers that are buying wii as well, so wii is included in gamer's choice as well, like them or not......

also, 100m people who got a ps2 are not gamers.....part of them at least....

CyanRussel said:
Why is that....just curious?:scared:

Well, not a big smash brother myself. Didn't own previous incarnations and this game didn't really seem to be one I'd be interested in.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Well, not a big smash brother myself. Didn't own previous incarnations and this game didn't really seem to be one I'd be interested in.
Well if you didnt own...you must have played one of the incarnatios right....:lol: cause then you wouldnt have Fox as a sig now would you?

Or maybe you would cause you play StarFox as much as i do...:scared:

Back on topic, the Microsoft XBox 360 has been selling incredibly. However, if you compare the release dates of the Wii and 360 against the # of sales, the Wii has a better ratio. I own both consoles and both are amazing, no doubt.

Bumble14 said:
1.) The wii is not on top of the games being sold for the 3 consoles. Xbox 360 is demolishing both Sony and Nintendo with a software attachment rate of what I believe is around 6 games per console. 360 has 30 games that have currently sold 1 million + copies. 360 is winning the software battle.

2.) The Wii is selling well because it is the first gaming system to appeal to ever age range. My parents own a Wii- because it is fun. My parents simply would not be able to pick up a 360/PS3 controller and figure out how to play any games. The pricepoint helps the Wii sell, but for the ost part it is because of how easy it is to play. This is why games like Galaxy, Zelda, etc are not selling as well as the Halo's because the majority of the Wii's install base bought the system for games like Wii play and Wii sports--not for actual games--people who want to play actual games are buying the 360/ps3, hence the high software attach rate on the 360.

3.) The Wii will win because of reason #2 above, but to try and even put Wii in the same class as ps3/360 is a joke. The next gen race is between Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo has created an entirely new niche market of gaming that is in a class of it's own. The Wii will sell like gangbusters regardless of anything 360 and PS3 come out with--because the systems are not comparable.

Very well said and I agree on every point.

Who gives a toss which console is selling the best as long as the great games keep coming for us ?

One thing I would say though, Nintendo is the only company making a profit on the actual console. The other two are producing at a loss, and aiming to make up the loss on game sales and licenses. So if you look at profits rather than sales numbers, the big N is winning hands down, and would be even if they had sold just a single Wii.

Bumble14 said:
...to try and even put Wii in the same class as ps3/360 is a joke. The next gen race is between Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo has created an entirely new niche market of gaming that is in a class of it's own. The Wii will sell like gangbusters regardless of anything 360 and PS3 come out with--because the systems are not comparable.

Listen to Bumble14. You can't compare the Wii to nextgen consoles like the PS3/360. It would be more realistic to compare a Wii to a Gamecube. Nintendo are targeting a different demographical audience to Sony and MS.

CyanRussel said:
Well if you didnt own...you must have played one of the incarnatios right....:lol: cause then you wouldnt have Fox as a sig now would you?

Or maybe you would cause you play StarFox as much as i do...:scared:

Haven't played the 64 version for a while, I really need a VC card or a friend to gift me:lol: Might play through Adventures again...

Anyways, sales are going well but do we expect a ps2 sale figure to be shadowed?

yungblood6 said:
really need to stop this its getting real old. As a gamer who really cares how many consoles are sold? you should be caring when you are going to get some better games, for what ever system you own. The wii is 250 bucks who is not going to buy it? Like i have always said you drop the other two consoles down to that price from start and the sales numbers will be a lot closer than they are now.

Ah yungblood6, how I've missed thee.

If you are telling me to stop, I don't see why I was simply posting an article I read and figured I would share it with other members. Even if you are not directing that statement at me, still its just an article..nothing to get rattled over.

And as far as I am concerned, good games are coming for the Wii this year, at least the ones I have been most looking forward to. Also console sales are still a big factor in the overall sales so I think people should care about how many are being sold etc. Thats just my opinion though.

yungblood6 said:
really need to stop this its getting real old. As a gamer who really cares how many consoles are sold? you should be caring when you are going to get some better games, for what ever system you own. The wii is 250 bucks who is not going to buy it? Like i have always said you drop the other two consoles down to that price from start and the sales numbers will be a lot closer than they are now.
It's good to see your system do well, but yeah, you should enjoy it for yourself not what other people think or how well its doing.

Btw nintendo as a whole is doing amazing right now, the Wii and DS are both selling like crack and they now have alot of possible options, im interested to see what their next move is...

Just so you guys know. vgchartz.com is not a reliable souce. Wikipedia itself does not take vgchartz as a viable source when editing things on their site because the info is not accurate. So in reality CantGetAWii has the best source. I do think Wii will win sooner or later with its Japanese support. Microsoft has barely sold 500,000 in japan while Wii has like 4 mil, maybe 5 in japan.

Back