OoOoOo, Someone Is SERIOUSLY PO'd.

I would prefer to have no voice chat, in most cases. Though it would be kind of cool for friends and whatnot, you could probably play with them offline, anyways. With strangers, there would probably be trash-talking, swearing, et cetera...My little brother will probably play Brawl online, and I wouldn't want someone cussing him out. I don't mind not having voice chat.

vashivihan said:
yeah true but we aint exactly living in a paradise are we? every one has been exposed to swearing in the past. its not a taboo anymore like it used to be. for example, some 10 year olds that live on my street that swear like crazy. where i work, someone comes in one day and starts dropping f bombs every other sentance.

I don't really have a problem with people swearing I have a problem with a holes hiding behind the web. They try their best to ruin a game by saying what ever instead of playing a good game. Seriously pros do not junk talk unless they know the person is not good. You will get people saying annoying stuff... just look at the web there are tons of examples of why you don't want to have voice chat with most of these guys. If I have the choice to turn off an F bomb user then I will do it even if he is a saint because I came to play not chat. I mean have a Wii lan party if you need voice chat so badly. Very easy to set up you know! People always play better in person than over the web. I understand you guys feel like they are censoring you but really these console have no mods almost and some games you can't even kick people. In PC gaming things are self governed yet console games are still figuring this out.

Seriously play more halo matches and FPS online on PC and console. These guys are very bad losers most of the time.

I agree that the worst thing is it's complained on Mario Kart.. give it a break. I can understand if it was a co-op FPS game where you'd need to communicate "6 O'clock, go go go!" type of thing. But this is racing.. what are you gonna talk about? "Oh that turn right there was awesome... right, so what games do you have.." yeah not important.

I think the mentality is competition (among the console) people wanna say "You have voicechat? Oh my Wii does too! I use it productively in you know.. racing games..."

Douten said:
I agree that the worst thing is it's complained on Mario Kart.. give it a break. I can understand if it was a co-op FPS game where you'd need to communicate "6 O'clock, go go go!" type of thing. But this is racing.. what are you gonna talk about? "Oh that turn right there was awesome... right, so what games do you have.." yeah not important.

I think the mentality is competition (among the console) people wanna say "You have voicechat? Oh my Wii does too! I use it productively in you know.. racing games..."

see, thats the only thing that gets me excited about a headset. imagine playing mohh2 capture the flag and going to enemy base with your team and giving orders. add that with the wiimote realistic shooting and thats prolly the closese thing u will come to being in real army. :yesnod:

vashivihan said:
see, thats the only thing that gets me excited about a headset. imagine playing mohh2 capture the flag and going to enemy base with your team and giving orders. add that with the wiimote realistic shooting and thats prolly the closese thing u will come to being in real army. :yesnod:

Believe me no ones listens to orders...LOL Believe me I play quake wars and every thing and people always do their own thing.

WiitnessID said:
Believe me no ones listens to orders...LOL Believe me I play quake wars and every thing and people always do their own thing.

not if u are in a clan.:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

the guy is kinda right but only in some places if they do have online for a game and somebody swears somebody who heard him swear could tell somebody and that person could be muted for so many day or weeks or they could have voice chat for t rated games and up that way there wont be some kid who is getting sweared at if they do any of those they might still lose customers but not as many and they might gain more than they started with and for the pay and play they should give us better online because if they don't they will probably get less people buying games

WiitnessID said:
Yeh, but even if not for command you can do stuff like "Enemy behind you!" sorta thing. That type of game voice chat actually serves a purpose.

Douten said:
Yeh, but even if not for command you can do stuff like "Enemy behind you!" sorta thing. That type of game voice chat actually serves a purpose.

true

WiitnessID said:
So true but clans get beat on pub server all the time...LOL So who going to start a mario kart clan?

yeah cause they are filled with noobs. but u cant have a mk clan because its a competitive game but u can have one for the battle mode if it supports team play.

Douten said:

No one ever gets behind me! I hear every foot step in the game! If people do sneak up on you in a game then you sort of suck at FPSs. The map will tell you more than any chat can. Seriously If you are in a clan then it's always best to play people in the same room LAn vs LAn you know. But pub server which is going to be 90% console servers are never good for this sort of thing. Now if we could set up our own servers then we could run configs for it. Quake wars is pretty good at keep the team informed though. I'm sure red shell will be on the map some how or have sound cues.

vashivihan said:
yeah cause they are filled with noobs. but u cant have a mk clan because its a competitive game but u can have one for the battle mode if it supports team play.

That would be hilarious if they had clans for the battle parts. LOL Man I had some sweet kills in the snes mario kart. Hopefully this version will be just as good as that one. The 8 player thing is crazy though because every one could die really quickly...LOL

With bananas and smart shell bounces and red shells loaded things will get really crazy with 8 people start shooting at you. Man things are going to get heated on the Wii this year. I mean you have smash and this cool. Plus to you have people that actually give out false commands on servers now...LOL thats how competitive it is.

Rumor alreat the pay to play service is going to have voice chat...LOL

Last edited:
WiitnessID said:
That would be hilarious if they had clans for the battle parts. LOL Man I had some sweet kills in the snes mario kart. Hopefully this version will be just as good as that one. The 8 player thing is crazy though because every one could die really quickly...LOL

With bananas and smart shell bounces and red shells loaded things will get really crazy with 8 people start shooting at you. Man things are going to get heated on the Wii this year. I mean you have smash and this cool. Plus to you have people that actually give out false commands on servers now...LOL thats how competitive it is.

Rumor alreat the pay to play service is going to have voice chat...LOL

yeah i dont mind shelling out few bucks a month for pay and play if it has good features.

I may see you online VASH... you ever see trigun? that would be a sweet Wii game! The Wii is going to rock this year too it seems.

Back