Overseas Purchase

chriswithe

WiiChat Member
Nov 28, 2007
Hi everyone,

I'm working in Switzerland for the next couple of weeks and based on the price and availability of Wii's to buy in UK, I'm thinking of buying a Wii here.

Question - does anyone know if it will be ok? I know the voltage and TV version (pal) is ok, but I don't know if the games will work ok - i.e. is the language selectable.

Anyone offer any advise??

Thanks all.

Both are PAL / DVD region 2 so I would guess that it would work - but can't say for certain. Voltage won't matter - just get a travel converter plug thing from the airport. Tv version will be fine too (as long as your tv isn't ancient). Language should be selectable on the wii I think? Can someone else clarify this? (Never had to change my language)...

Buy and take the Cheapest Wii game you can find here - try it out over there (at friends house - or ask at an electrical store to test it)... If it works then you are good.

Thanks Brandon - yep agree, from those perpectives should be ok.

Biggest worry is that any game(s) I get over here with the console (like the sports included game) will be able to understand.

Either that or I have to learn German I suppose!!

Would be great if someone could see if there's a place to change the language on the console.

I'll ask at the local shop here too - see if they will check for me.

They should be fine
Most games have a language select

Back