Painting the wii

phate53

WiiChat Member
Mar 16, 2007
I want to paint my wii black. I HAVE done some research, and have watched the disassembly videos on youtube*. I have no doubts that I can disassemble the wii, but is it easy enough to re-assemble it?

Any advice would be appreciated. Do note that I am just a stupid 14 year old who wants to paint his wii (no lame jokes). Therefore, I don't have access to expensive, or high-tech machines. Thanks.

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1MPuHX1onY&mode=related&search=

This also destroys your warranty as well if i'm correct...something you don't want to happen.

Yeah I would really go with what Wii_Smurf posted.

Few people on the forum have bought them from there and they've had no problems. Best thing is they don't leave any residue on the console, guy on here had one on for about a month and there wasn't any residue at all on his.

Painting it is too risky:

1. Warranty canceled.

2. May leave streak marks.

3. If you don't like the way it looks, it's too late.

I'd go with the skin that Wii_Smurf posted.

go for what wii smurf posted, if not then dont make the rookie mistake by painting the wii, spray paint it. Quicker, easier, more effective, no streaks.

Yep, definately go with the decals, they easy to apply without voiding warranty! They easy to remove so you can easily change the style with a new one and there is no residue.

The most important point here is the fact that the warranty will remain intact, this means if your Wii breaks by a fault of which is not yours. Then you can get a new one :) Also as you dont have experience, and as you said the right equipment this is highly unrecommended, however feel free to risk £180/$250 on this.

Back