Pay and Play

ChaldoG

WiiChat Member
Feb 13, 2008
Wii Online Code
5297-4023-7522-9192
Nintendo just anounced the new service pay and play where you have to pay a fee to play online which will coming out.

Does any one have more information on this?????

I don't think there is any news released on it yet, just that it's been announced, and games that will have the pay to play feature will have a green(? correct me if I'm wrong) wifi logo on the case instead of a blue one.

no one knows all about it. but what i know is that i am pretty sure since they are charging us they will be making the online better

red or orange, all depends on what level of color-blindness you are.

umm all i know is people are saying it'll be more like xbox live but i have dought do to the 512MB internal memory the wii has.

I am against the pay to play. i think it is just another way for nintendo to make more money.
After you spend all that money buying expensive games and consoles, you have to pay even more to play online. i think They just want to nickel and dime us.

Anyone have a different opion?

TransAm317 said:
I am against the pay to play. i think it is just another way for nintendo to make more money.
After you spend all that money buying expensive games and consoles, you have to pay even more to play online. i think They just want to nickel and dime us.

Anyone have a different opion?
no your right i have the same thoughts i always would brag to my friends that hate the wii that it has free online. well can't say that anymore hah. but we have to look on the goodside hopefully the wii will get better online?

Staszy26 said:
no your right i have the same thoughts i always would brag to my friends that hate the wii that it has free online. well can't say that anymore hah. but we have to look on the goodside hopefully the wii will get better online?
I would hope nintendo would improve their internet if they want that money. I dont think Nintendo is that cheap that they charge for it and then dont do anything to the internet, but ive seen weirdder things

Details of this have been very scarce.
Give it a month or so for more details to trickle out.

it'll prolly be out around the end of the summer.

My god not Again.. over and over and over I have to point this out :lol: :lol:

They have released no such information that they will charge a fee for future online service! That is nothing but speculation.

The pay to play has only been mentioned as a fee for "enhanced and extra content" to the already free online service.

Look for yourself at what Nintendo Reps have said not the people interpreting what they have said.

Nintendo's Takashi Aoyama announced a new Pay to Play program. This will be a new version of the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (NWFC). Aoyama explained that NWFC will remain a free service, but forthcoming experiences will require users to pay a fee to enjoy. These services will fall under the new NWFC: Pay to Play program. Games that utilize the new service will feature a logo similar to the one used for NWFC but is orange and reads Pay to Play at the bottom.

He did say Nintendo is taking steps to ensure consumers don't mistakenly buy a Pay to Play game with the expectation that they will be able to access the entire game for no extra charge

Nintendo's Takashi Aoyama announced a new expansion to Nintendo's Wi-Fi services called Wii Pay & Play. Aoyama explained that Nintendo will begin "collecting fees for some services [that] will allow us to adapt flexibly." In other words, by subsidizing additional, unnamed service and feature costs to consumers, Nintendo feels they can explore new concepts and channels.

He added that it was a Nintendo initiative to avoid misleading consumers into thinking they can buy games that can be played entirely free when they cannot (whether or not this implies an initiative to begin charging for multiplayer content was unclear). To aid in a clear cost presentation, the blue WFC logo will be joined with a similar red logo featuring the line "Pay & Play.

So many people have taken what Nintendo has said and streched it to mean we are getting rid of Friends codes, or they are making a "Nintendo Live" service for online. Nothing of that sort has ever been said. All that has been said is they are charging for these additional services and we know that DLC/Voice Chat is comming so obviously they are probably counting some of this as Pay to Play and who knows what else.

When Rock Band comes to the Wii here in a few months it will be a Pay to Play game because you will have to pay to download extra songs, not to get online itself! This is also why they have said P2P is on a game to game basis, because obviously not all games will have features like DLC/Voice.

Its pretty obvious, but apparently Nintendo isn't taking any chances making the new "casual gamers" upset and misleading them. They are use to everything being free on the online games so far, so Nintendo is willing to do this "new logo" just so they don't get complaints about unexpected charges.

Funny thing is in the end they ended up freaking out more people than helping anything. :lol: :lol:

Just rember to look it up and read it for yourself people. Don't take anything said as true without atleast some proof to back it up.

Last edited:
Back