pelican to make wii wifi antenna??

DARKFIRE007

WiiChat Member
Apr 25, 2007
birmingham alabama
Wii Online Code
2605-8397-8634-8176
we ALL want this..........pelican to make an attachment for the wii, maybe to plug into the usb port..............a super duper wifi antenna to pick up access points miles away.

think of it, those of us who cant afford high speed and routers...........we would be able to go online without it. i personally spent a FORTUNE and many man hours getting my wii online.

even say a 3 mile distance would be great...........i have dozens of free access points within a mile of my home, but my wii antenna just dont have the power.

plus think of this........PORTABLE wii online. take the wii and antenna to a friends house.........if he cant go online, NO PROBLEM.

wii owners need to push for this........not that hard of a piece of technology to develope and put out...........and the thing would sell out QUICK.

let me know what you think..............my friend code can be seen to your left, let me know in your reply if you added me and ill do the same.

i said it once, ill say it again.........FREE PORTABLE WIFI FOR ALL!!!

Over-use of '........' ;)

Think of the legal issue's though if they release a device like this..

lee.jarratt said:
Over-use of '........' ;)

Think of the legal issue's though if they release a device like this..
smartazz...............lol and i meant it only for use with free access points. i wouldnt steal a connection, would not want it to happen to me.

DARKFIRE007 said:
smartazz...............lol and i meant it only for use with free access points. i wouldnt steal a connection, would not want it to happen to me.

lol thanks to the fantastic comment, to the eye or what?

DARKFIRE007 said:
a super duper wifi antenna to pick up access points miles away.

Um...a super duper wifi antenna? It already exists it's called wireless broadband. And even if you have some kind of antenna for the Wii the range is probably still going to be limited to the 802.11g standard that the Wii Console uses. :prrr:

Sounds cool.
I have high speed with a router already though.
No problem here but I can see why you're excited.

David328ci said:
Um...a super duper wifi antenna? It already exists it's called wireless broadband. And even if you have some kind of antenna for the Wii the range is probably still going to be limited to the 802.11g standard that the Wii Console uses. :prrr:
well it would HAVE to be better than the pissy antenna in the wii.........hell those access points are less than a mile away and i still cant pick them up.

just a miles range or so, thats all wii ask

oh yea, and right back at ya:prrr:

I think that would be nice and it''s a problem I'm having and no solution in sight I would love this but I don't think it's possible

Why don't you just install an outdoor high-gain WiFi antenna and feed that signal to a local WiFi repeater in your house.

Messing around with your Wii might void your warranty.

I don't know whether I should be scared of your stupidity or just look at you wierd.....

:wtf: :scared: :wtf: :scared: :wtf: :scared: :wtf: :scared: :wtf: :scared: :wtf: :scared:

lol. "only a mile or 5"

Brawny said:
I don't know whether I should be scared of your stupidity or just look at you wierd.....

:wtf: :scared: :wtf: :scared: :wtf: :scared: :wtf: :scared: :wtf: :scared: :wtf: :scared:

lol. "only a mile or 5"
all trouble makers will be reported. and BY the way..........i COULD do an outdoor and a repeater and all that, just like i did the high speed and router.........some people dont take the time to READ.

this post is intended for those people who have no wireless experience or who cant aford all the trimmings to get their wii online

I did read the post.... It's just bad. The problem isn't picking up the signal, radios could do it in the 40's...It's the point putting it out. Your best bet in the middle of nowhere is the super expensive ev-do or edge service....

Don't forget that the wireless signal from the router has to be pretty strong. Most signals could barley make it out of the house and across the street.

dchao said:
Why don't you just install an outdoor high-gain WiFi antenna and feed that signal to a local WiFi repeater in your house.

Messing around with your Wii might void your warranty.
well only a month or so of doing this and im still new. i AM online with my wii at my house, a big step forward since i had no CLUE how to go wireless a month ago. but i want it online at my friends house...........from what i can see, antenna's and repeaters require you have a pc. he still does not have cable tv much less a pc.

there has GOT to be a way to pick up those access points near by and re-broadcast them. or like i said, some kind of powerful antenna that may plug into the wii.

DARKFIRE007 said:
we ALL want this..........pelican to make an attachment for the wii, maybe to plug into the usb port..............a super duper wifi antenna to pick up access points miles away.

think of it, those of us who cant afford high speed and routers...........we would be able to go online without it. i personally spent a FORTUNE and many man hours getting my wii online.

even say a 3 mile distance would be great...........i have dozens of free access points within a mile of my home, but my wii antenna just dont have the power.

plus think of this........PORTABLE wii online. take the wii and antenna to a friends house.........if he cant go online, NO PROBLEM.

wii owners need to push for this........not that hard of a piece of technology to develope and put out...........and the thing would sell out QUICK.

let me know what you think..............my friend code can be seen to your left, let me know in your reply if you added me and ill do the same.

i said it once, ill say it again.........FREE PORTABLE WIFI FOR ALL!!!

how hard was it to connect to the internet?? im a complete noob w/ computers (and by that, i mean reallllllly nooob) but i do have a wireless router, would it be easy/hard for me to connect to ther internet if i just followed the user manual?

Back