Personal upgrade unit?!

resolve

WiiChat Member
Feb 27, 2007
Malta
Nintendo announce Personal Upgrade Unit (Puu)

Tokyo (AP) April 24 - Nintendo Entertainment Systems have announced an add-on to the hugely popular Wii. Worldwide sales of the Wii console have exceeded all expectations and as a result the company are not resting on their laurels. They have announced an expansion pack that will attempt to bridge the technical gap between the Wii and the other 3rd Gen consoles, Microsoft's market-leading XBox 360 and Sony's ground-breaking PlayStation 3.

The assistant marketing director of Worldwide Analog Nintendo Consoles Hidetoshi Yamamori said "Once we finished our Wii we immediately concentrated on the Puu. Sales have been excellent and we feel that our Puu completes the package. The Personal Upgrade Unit (Puu) will be an essential upgrade to the existing system offering 160Gb HDD space, an enhanced arithmetic calculation chip and a supplementary CPU for faster processing power". Marketing is hoping that once you've had a Wii you will be desperate for a Puu.

The advertising tag is "No Wii is complete without a Puu".

Expect to see the Puu in stores from July priced around $125.

Saw this on a forum. Is it true by any chance? would be awseome

does it include hd? If not then Nintendo havent reached the goal yet.

I dont wana buy this then a yr later they bring out a hd pack!

tbh i don't think that we can expect this... it seems flawed... where would the CPU attach to?

also didn't Nintendo deny ANY wii Hard Drive in the future?

also another CPU would cost about £80-130 and a 160GB HD would cost £70-100... so the price is also flawed... £150 ($300) seems a little much it'd be like buying another wii.

also it's nearly July now... we'd at least have pictures at this stage!

i'll have a look online and come back to see if it's true =)

'i heard it on a forum', anyone can spread rumours , i have searched on google and bbc news and there isn't anything about this puu crap. Most of us probably hasn't filled 512 mb of memory on the wii, why would we need a 160 gb hard drive?
My theory : FAKE

good point. seemed weird anyway but wouldav been nice. they did exagerate with the 160 gb hardrive a bit

i believe you are being 'played' as it were... Wii i.e. 'peeing' and Puu i.e. 'crapping' - some kind of retarded joke

case closed

i know :| that's probabally where somebody would get an idea like 'a new extension' from... it's through not reading the article throughly

NB read the games and 'Noticeable quote' they're rather amusing =)

Back