Please help i'm thinking of trading my PS3 for a Wii

30yrgamer

WiiChat Member
Feb 26, 2007
Hey guy's i realize what website and forums i'm in, but i really need some pursuasive non-fanboy, facts and opinions.
I've had my PS3 for about 3 months now and i have played the highest rated titles and i'm aware of whats coming out for it.
However i also love such titles like Zelda ,Mario, and Metroid and i am thirsting for a new gaming experience.
I've also owned the 360 and played the best of what that system had to offer right up to Gears of War.
I'm so frustrated and torn trying to decide between the two consoles i've been trying to find some logical unbiased opinions, i'll be the first to admit i love gorgeous graphics, but if the gameplay experience is overwhelming then i can over look the fancy HD graphics.
I have seen all the recent reviews on all games on the 3 consoles and none of them have too much stellar reviews, so therefore that doesn't help much.
Please help i need to know i'm doing the right thing by switching.
Thanks for any and all input.

you see i am no a fanboy... i am going to say this if you want a great system for playing alone & for party's then go with the wii.. if you want a system like the ps3 but cheaper and better get the 360, the 360 is good for online and has a great library of games for it already and coming out..... the wii it depends on what games you like.... if you want like m title get the 360 because you cant really see whats in the future... you can always wait and see whats coming to wii... i own a wii and its pretty good still waiting for the games to come out for it.... don't think i will be seeing that until the end of the year

The ps3 is good for some circumstances.
If u got kids then the wii is christ much better.
The ps3 is for usually older and experience gamers and you can expect many ps2 sequels to turn up on this console.
However Nintendo like to keep alot of secrets and do things discretely so its possible that there is going to be one huge eruption of Nintendo stuff that most gamers would want.

Jus keep ur ps3 at least till mid year if not, the end of the year.
And choose then

I have both the Wii and PS3. I love both systems. I find that when I have some not so "game-savvy" guests over, we would always stick to the Wii. However, when if I am with one of my "game-savvy" firends, we would typically jump on the PS3. When I decide to play some games by myself, I find that I typically play the PS3 most of the time, but that is partially due to the massive PS2 games collection I have too. Additionally, I also like to watch Blu-ray movies and use my PS3 as an extra Linux computer. So, I guess it will depend on your audience and how you use your system.

im the same way... in the end ill end up with all the consoles, but for gameplay, and type of games you wont even notice the difference in graphics i promise you... the game play is so new and fun.. not fully tweaked but with newer games it gets better.. i havent had this much fun sence my first NES its finnaly fresh and new not just better graphics and a few more buttons... you will love it, i plan on gabbing a ps3 when the price finnaly comes down cause i do like sony and have yet to skip a console, first will be 360 again though..

bad things about the wii, online not up yet, and there really is no good idea just opinions of what nintendos online will be like.. sony and MS have tested Online setups.. with tested online games.. the wii for the most part i play with my family, some games are fun by yourself but just like 64 and gamecube... you need a group to have the most fun.. the best thing about the wii is watching someone else try to play doing the funky moves on wario ware, driving around in there car, or salshing in the air at bad guys..
but if you dont have a group to play with often.. not sure if you would find it the "best system"

if you do play by yourself alot then maybe you should look into the 360 they have the best titles out so far being out the longest and the best online "until i see what nintendo does" out of all of them... and its cheeper you could trade in your ps3 and games and get an extra 4-6 games outta the trade..

i wish blockbuster still rented systems like they did in the old days.. thats how i decided which system to buy first in the past just play them all...

its still a tough call these are all such new systems, with no real extensive game library out yet... you dont know how good or bad they are going to do.. and alot depends on your own game habbits

wii=group play tones of fun, needs more games

360= most titles, great online,good graphics

PS3= great graphics, to early to tell what the games are like.. but with the right titles it will be just as good as the 360

after that its price.. unless sony drops it a bit they arnt going to get the games, you dont make games for a console that doesnt sell...

i say sell it if you can get an = amount of cash for what you bought it for, then later in the future by wii or ps3, since both lack games right now
but then besides that it all comes down to what kind of games you like and i think wii is more for social gaming whilst ps3 is for the lone gamer

Sovieto said:
i say sell it if you can get an = amount of cash for what you bought it for, then later in the future by wii or ps3, since both lack games right now
Agreed, my Wii is just sitting in the basement doing nothing atm, same thing if I had a PS3 i'm sure. When SSBB and the rest of the summer's surprises reveal themselves, buy the Wii. No question (in my mind) that when the games start coming out for the Wii, they'll overcome the PS3 easily.

Look at the "future game" lists for yourself, it may be easier to decide that way. :)

You should sell the PS3 and get tons of money then buy the Wii and load it up with accessories and lots of games (good ones of course :thumbsup:)

Back