Prince of Persia: Rival Swords first thoughts

Parsons5

WiiChat Member
Jan 1, 2007
Well first off I'd like to say hi. I'm not new to this forum but new to posting. I bought my first what I hoped to be enjoyable game for my wii today - PoP:RS. So far I've got to say I like the game very much. I got a lend of Warrior Within for GC, and to me the wii game is much more fun, whereas it gets you more involved with the game with the interactive controls. The graphics are satisfying for now. One thing that I would liked of be improved is how the character interacts with its surroundings, particular when jumping above on the beams. Sometimes the prince can jump a bit too short but still latch on. I guess this just makes to game run more smoothly with more ease. Anyways, what do you guys think is good (or bad) about this port? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Parsons5 said:
Well first off I'd like to say hi. I'm not new to this forum but new to posting. I bought my first what I hoped to be enjoyable game for my wii today - PoP:RS. So far I've got to say I like the game very much. I got a lend of Warrior Within for GC, and to me the wii game is much more fun, whereas it gets you more involved with the game with the interactive controls. The graphics are satisfying for now. One thing that I would liked of be improved is how the character interacts with its surroundings, particular when jumping above on the beams. Sometimes the prince can jump a bit too short but still latch on. I guess this just makes to game run more smoothly with more ease. Anyways, what do you guys think is good (or bad) about this port? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hey welcome to the forum. Hope you like it. As for PoP I haven't played the game but I've watched the trailers and the first 30 mins and they look extremely good. I think you're going to enjoy it a lot. As for the GC version don't even worry about it. Its got all the GC version has except newer controls. Hows the camera work?

The controls are quite nice. You tilt the wii remote to look left and right, and you can look up or down with the direction pad. (I think you can also look left and right with directional pad also). I find this way of controling the view very effective and easy to use. Compared to Splinter Cell: Double Agent (which has the worst camera control view IMO), this game makes manuovering through the levels easier and faster.

Wow thats so awesome! Thanks for that information. To be honest that was the ONE thing preventing me from giving all my support to the game. Granted its a port but not all ports are bad. Hopefully the graphics are good.

it's just a port, nothing more! you can buy the whole series of prince of persia on ps2 for half the price you paied for the wii version!

i was in my supermarket today and there was some wii games that i didnt think were out yet but i saw the godfather and PoP i didn't know which one to pick but i heard everyone likes godfather so i got it and i would of got PoP but its a port and i had the original games and didn't really like it

MasterJedi2U said:
You're a HATER...if you don't like it then do not buy it...simple as that.

i ain't planning on buying it any time soon, i have it for ps2 anyway, the same for godfather (it's crap anyway) and i'm buying the ps2 version of manhunt 2 aswell.

HUYI said:
i ain't planning on buying it any time soon, i have it for ps2 anyway, the same for godfather (it's crap anyway) and i'm buying the ps2 version of manhunt 2 aswell.

oh yeah because thats how much you love nintendo and the wii

if your just going to buy it for the ps2 why did you get a wii

MasterJedi2U said:
You're a HATER...if you don't like it then do not buy it...simple as that.
Ya and don't give your opinions on Wii games on a forum for discusing Wii games either!

con77 said:
oh yeah because thats how much you love nintendo and the wii

if your just going to buy it for the ps2 why did you get a wii

i buy nintendo consoles to only play nintendo games, not ports from other consoles.

So then DO THAT and stop bashing others who might enjoy the ports! If its not one thing its another with you guys.

I'm the only one who's enjoying the ports I never played most of these series

Back