Problem with connection between wii remote and nunchuck

Newschoolr

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2011
Started playing my wii again, and I rented skyward sword. Had to go through the incredibly pointless instruction videos, and when I got to a selection menu to choose what type of wii remote I had I might have selected the wrong one, idk what type of remote I have though. Anyways now I'm stuck on the screen for Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword where it says "Connect the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to the Wii MotionPlus accessory. Next, wait a few moments without touching the Control Stick" and I can't get past it. Any help?

holy **** nvm just realized this forum is dead nvm I'll just try to figure it out on my own....problem just gonna end up with a wii console through the window though

My ass Wiichat is dead. :lol:

Ain't been very long since Skyward Sword was released, so the odds of anyone on any particular site knowing how to fix your problem are low.

That, and it's midnight EST...

umm... right.

Go out and buy a wiimote plus attachment. Wii Sports resort and some other games (tiger woods) will come with a bonus one.

I am having the exact same difficulty, if there is any solution to this problem please post them!!!! It would help so much. Thank you!!!!! :)

I assume that 9/10 responses to this problem will automatically be, the problem is with the nunchuck...replace it. I can't speak for the other two claiming that Zelda isn't recognizing the nunchuck, however, in my case, the damn thing is working perfectly with no less than 7 other games. Skyward Sword is the one and only game not immediately picking it up...I'm going to continue browsing around and I'll post back here if I find anything. If anyone out there knows anything (including Nintendo web folks who are really only supposed to post helpful answers on Nintendo's forums), please post it here. Post a full answer, a link to the forum where I can find an answer, a puzzle that when complete features a sign with the fix, an enigma encoded message... I don't care.

I can't believe how much I've looked forward to Wii putting out the next generation in the Zelda series. With every game I own, my Wii is working perfectly, all my controllers are working, 2 nunchucks are working. I've tried plugging each of the nunchucks into every remote. I've done it with the system on, with it off, I've restarted it after attaching. I repeated all those steps after replacing every battery with fresh. I unplugged every last piece of everything that is a part of the system, every connection, TV included, and then, desperate beyond measure, I even packed everything up and moved from a wonderful 60+ inch Sony HDTV to a 32 inch, box TV, dual DVD player and VCR(circa 2002) Nunchuck doesn't work.

What a tremendous letdown. I truly hope Nintendo has a grade A, once in a lifetime excuse for this nonsense...or I hope I am just doing something stupid beyond measure, and someone will quickly reply, informing me. Publically or privately, doesn't matter to me if I reach epic levels of stupidity after my 1st post here...as long as I'm playing Zelda.

Back