Problem with Opera, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanyboy

WiiChat Member
May 31, 2007
Wii internet connection error screen help
hi everybody

hope somebody can help me out as i'm all out of ideas. my wii isn't online but it did an update after i clicked on the game icon with no game inserted. after which i now have an error screen that i can't get rid of. it says:

you tried to access the address marc:EU/EU/ENG/Setup/Screensave.html which is currently unavailable. Pleasemake sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated then try reloading the page

Make sure your internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same conection are working

Need help?

Open the opera help
Go to opera's on-line support desk

This is the first thing that comes up now when i switch on my wii. Putting a game in or pressing every button on the remote does nothing at all. It worked fine until this so i hope somebody can help me. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Yes i understand that but I cant get off the screen when the wii is turned on that tells me about opera as above, I could really do with formatting it but like I said I cant get past this screen when I boot up the wii.... Ive tried unplugging, and holding the power button down but I have no joy... Has anyone else had this problem/ understand whats gone wrong? Im gutted that I cant play the wii......:frown2: :frown2: :frown2: :frown2: :frown2:

The only thing I have heard on this is using a base system and inserting paper mario or mario strikers and trying to run the update from the disk which is in a different region to your wii.

It would appear you have a nice and fairly expensive paper weight. I am no expert and this is all conjecture. Hopefully someone will point out how to fix it. If I am correct about about the pirated game from a different region, you must have a modchip, which invalidates the warranty.

well i hope it isnt buggered, otherwise that is indeed an expensive paper weight, unless someone has heard of a way of fixing the wii?

Very strange; I've never heard of anything like it.

I recommend you call Nintendo.

We cant help you.

Contact Nintendo.

Nintendo of America:

Go here: http://www.nintendo.com/contact

Nintendo of Europe:

Nintendo Service Centre
Codestorm House
Walton Road
Farlington
Hampshire
PO6 1TR

Telephone: 0870 6060 247 (Calls are charged at the National Rate to the caller)
Fax: 02392 383 444

[email protected]

Haha, you've never heard of this problem? Well I have, now thats what you get for chipping your wii :) ( not that I haven't, but still ). This problem occurs, and only occurs, if you run the on disc updates of the ntsc version of super paper mario or the pal version of Mario Strikers if you have a wii of the other region. ( so if you run the spm ntc update on a pal wii or mario strikers pal update on ntsc wii ). Your wii is bricked, your warranty is voided and there is absolutely no fix for it, nor is it on the horizon.

You could've easily avoided this, since as it says everywhere: IF YOU'RE GONNA RUN ON DISC UPDATES FROM OTHER REGIONS, UPDATE YOUR WII TO THE NEWEST FIRMWARE FIRST VIA SYSTEM UPDATE OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR WII.

You ignorrant biatch

Oh that Glitch?

Ouch deanyboy you pretty much screwed

w00t i got Rep from the topic.

Couldn't he still send it to Nintendo?

Noooooooooooooo........... This was not what I wanted to hear :mad2: This is pretty crafty of nintendo to do this to their own consoles. Complete rubbish, im gonna try and ring them hopefully tomoz and see what I can do, If I get no luck, I will probably be breaking it and selling it on ebay!!! :sad:

Completely gutted!!!!!!

Hopefully u can get this problem resolved mate, good luck

btw if u are looking for different faults and things to do with the Wii reseach about it and see what u find, i did that about the 360 and it hlped quite abit, use google web.

If this information helped u in anyway give me some rep

Thanks

joe_duffy said:
Hopefully u can get this problem resolved mate, good luck

btw if u are looking for different faults and things to do with the Wii reseach about it and see what u find, i did that about the 360 and it hlped quite abit, use google web.

If this information helped u in anyway give me some rep

Thanks

there is nothing you can do to restore a bricked wii.

remember to remove the modchip if you send your wii away

Hi everyone!!I try to go to WII settings and this message appears:
you tried to access the address marc:FIX/US/ENG/index01.html, which is currently unavailable. Pleasemake sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated then try reloading the page

Make sure your internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same conection are working

Need help?

Open the opera help
Go to opera's on-line support desk

My WII is not shipped but I putted in a pirated cd,Is It the priginal problem!What can I do??I reallyy need your help!!Thanks a lot!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back