PS3 is simply ahead of its time.

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
wow i didnt expect to see u back onm the forums

Lol why would I leave? Because a small group of sony fanboys has decided to invade a website dedicated to the WII so that they can spew some random garbage promoting their overpriced and ridiculous ginormous system?

Besides I get a lot of good information from this website and I enjoy talking about the Wii with other Wii OWNERS so why shouldn't I be allowed to do that? Last but not least there are a lot of great people I've met on this website and they FAR outnumber the lunatics who dwell in the PS3 subforum so I don't see why I should run away. If anything they should leave and go to a SONY website so they can talk about the ps3 there...but thats my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

300shiftdc2.jpg

Since the tyrant has shown himself again. Its good to know that bias hurts the gaming community. Gamers are loyal to the games, not the companies. It is not the companies the gamers need to be loyal to, but rather, the companies that need to be loyal to the gamers.

All the whining kiddy fanboys can cry all they want, but it will NEVER change the facts. Those who see reason and fact will not be fooled. lol kids..

Not always, That only took me a couple minutes. When I make a point, I usually like to make it clearly. I type fast and do not take that long to make a point.

re

alexgc87 said:
Oh! We have another one! :D

"For the little kids who cant afford $500-$600 for a gaming system, dont make comments trying to justify you being broke."

That just shows how selfish and egocentric you are...
Continue that way to succeed in life! ;)

By the way, sure Shift is intelligent...so bad there is not only one type of intelligence... looks like he knows about computers... that's IT!

I will succeed in life. I have no debt besides my home, I have a great family, and great friends. I understand the value of a dollar very well, and earned every single thing thats in my life. Its a simple fact. If you cannot save up $500 for a ps3, then you should be playing video games. You are willing to spend $250 on a last gen system with a new look, then be my guest. If it were me, I would spend twice as much for a better system thats going to have a longer shelf life than 3 years. The wii is the next furby.

furbies scared the crap out of me. Theres something freaky about falling asleep and waking up in the middle of the night to hear the mouth opening and closing on the thing.. then... it said "I will drink the blood of the innocent" in a deep demonic voice... followed by "me furby, me Happy" in a girly squeeky voice.

I swear my Wii did something similar two nights ago. Interupted my dream about jessica alba on a slip and slide too.

Wii&Ps3 said:
I will succeed in life. I have no debt besides my home, I have a great family, and great friends. I understand the value of a dollar very well, and earned every single thing thats in my life. Its a simple fact. If you cannot save up $500 for a ps3, then you should be playing video games. You are willing to spend $250 on a last gen system with a new look, then be my guest. If it were me, I would spend twice as much for a better system thats going to have a longer shelf life than 3 years. The wii is the next furby.

Uhh you do know this is the internet right where anybody can lie. Regardless of whether or not you're telling the truth who cares?

As for the Wii its current gen. And maybe you want to spend a whole lot of money for some fluff, the majority of people are perfectly satisfied with playing games that aren't running in 1080p. When will you get that? The Wii is going to be around for a long time. The ps3 most likely as well since it has sony behind it.

Last but not least its very arrogant of you to declare that, "people who can't save up 500 dollars shouldn't be playing videogames" (at least I think thats what you were trying to say). Really get off your high horse. I've got over $500.00 and I choose to use it on Nintendo because I like their games, I like the company, and I like the system overall. I don't need nor want Bluray. I don't need a system thats got a Cell in it. I've got a computer that works just fine.

But then again the consumers have already shown what they want so you sony fanboys can continue to whine and get mad at all of us Nintendo supporters for not being addicted to the latest graphics. We get it already. The Wii is not HD. And thats fine with us.

MasterJedi2U said:

But then again the consumers have already shown what they want so you sony fanboys can continue to whine and get mad at all of us Nintendo supporters
Why are we fanboys but your "Nintendo supporters"? Sony supporters, like myself, have invested in more then just Sony games. I have a Sony Handycam, Sony VAIO and Sony Plasma TV. To me Sony doesnt want to make something just to get a quick buck as all the things i have i have had other companies as well and they dont stand up to any Sony product.

I have been around for a while and i have never seen a game company that doesnt rely on a single game. I know you think "Final Fantasy" but Final Fantasy was on NES and didnt save Nintendo but Square from bankrupcy. When Final Fantasy left for Sony the only reason it was bigger then its previous ones was due to the fact it was easier to obtain the the SNES carts were. It has left a deeper impression on Sony's life line but would it be why the PS sold like it did? No. Would it be considered Sonys mascot? Most deffinitly not.

Kingdom Hearts is also something people use to justify their claims that Sony has few good games but this didnt come until 2002 while the system itself was out in 2000. Plus it doesnt explain the burst of PS1 sales that killed anything in its path. Was it the turning point for Sony? No. It was producing great games such as Devil May Cry, Ape Escape, Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear Solid and much much more.

Has Sony ever needed to rely on a single game? Not as far back as the PS1, and they never will. People will still say the only games that make the PS famous are the ones that stand out but thats not true. Sony has no mascot, if they lose a game to third party it wont hurt them like if Microsoft lost Halo or Nintendo lost Mario.

As far as knowing what consumers want, yes they do. Nintendo is the God of knowing what a consumer wants. Quality products has not been what they are known for as of late. Cheap fads is what consumers want, mostly the kids. They know this, when something becomes "cool" everyone will buy into it. Saying this is not a fad would be a blaitent lie.

Im not a fanboy, im a Sony supporter.

Last edited:
GamerCon said:
When Final Fantasy left for Sony the only reason it was bigger then its previous ones was due to the fact it was easier to obtain the the SNES carts were. It has left a deeper impression on Sony's life line but would it be why the PS sold like it did? No. Would it be considered Sonys mascot? Most deffinitly not.

Agree completely, but a large part of the reason square left nintendo (and many other japanese developers) is also due to the fact that nintendo broke dealings with another japanese company in favor of a european company (phillips). This "betrayal" as the japanese put it, caused many japanese devepopers to support sony as a fellow japanese business over nintendo which did something very taboo at the time. We are still seeing the after effects of nintendos betrayal.. and it was because like pearl harbor, they fooled sony which supported them and left them hanging only to team up with another company that was outside japan.

What many do not realize is that even though sony is japanese at origin, it is still an international company which is run by many from all around the world.
I personally believe sony is part of the future and they deserve and also must be promted to develope future technology.

sony started off as a small radio repair shop which turned into a radio company providing the best portable radio ever, and then developed into bringing new technology to the consumer in a manner that mainstreamed it, often taking losses yet still growing.

Nintendo, though I love them dearly from my past growing up with the nes and original 10 lb gameboy, has turned to taxi serves, sex hotels (also used for prostitution and illegal trade)..ect to support them.

They have dealed with the yakuza (japanese mafia) providing them with goods to support their gabling. Nintendo has more of a dirty past than sony, muchmuchmuch more dirty. It frustrates me that these.. kids... cannot accept history. Nintendo i think is good now, but turning it into a god is out right fool hardy while making sony out to be some evil organization is bad.

Anyways keep up the good work, it seems that even some previously banned members cant face reality and have not changed. I wonder if they still feel that the mods are not needed.:wink:

You know your stuff. I didnt want to say why Square left cause i didnt know exactly why myself, though i did think it had to due with blowing off Sony's CD extention.

Phil Harrison, who may be the devil in disguise here, has also stated that hes with Sony for the technology that they have been producing through-out their history. I feel if Sony stopped making games, we would still be in the age of DVD's, not seeing what could be.

GamerCon said:
You know your stuff. I didnt want to say why Square left cause i didnt know exactly why myself, though i did think it had to due with blowing off Sony's CD extention.

Phil Harrison, who may be the devil in disguise here, has also stated that hes with Sony for the technology that they have been producing through-out their history. I feel if Sony stopped making games, we would still be in the age of DVD's, not seeing what could be.

at this point we are seeing media merging into one form. This is the future. When devices are not limited to one function but many, and this is where japanese thinking comes into play. If you have ever been to the big cities in japan, the first thing you notice is how efficant they are. Its not suprising to find something that does many things, it is a small country with many people. They are forced to create products that can fulfill and connect with the whole rather than one individual function. This outside of the box thinking is what has spurred technology along with north american computer tech, we are finding ourselves faces with a future that is very convenient.

Japan and the USA have altered the course of history through technology. The USA is powerful but doesnt put its technology to mainstream (and in my opinion good enough use), japan does and therefor when the two are mixed we start to see changes in what becomes accessable to the world. Europe is growing in this area, and soon the entire world will play roles.

I mean its amazing that now we are seeing developers and products (technological in nature) from not just one country but many. Sony has played a huge part in this, so has microsoft.. and so has nintendo. To hate one of them is almost to hate what they have contributed to the accesability of digital interactivity and gaming.

They are competing with each other, but this competition brings renewal and progression. Promoting one over the other, hating another, while worshiping one, does disservice to the entirity of the effect.

anyways sorry for rambling on. I got carried away. (just got back from the night club scene, still buzzed.)

Sqaure joined with Sony because the SNES didn't have the capability to release Final Fantasy 7 and the N64 couldn't handle the FMV's in 7, 8 or 9 due to both the SNES and the N64 using cartridges. Now that Nintendo has a disc operated system Square can develop their now graphic-and-processor-heavy RPG's for the Nintendo systems as well as for the PS systems but I can't see Square leaving Sony entirely.

I personally think that the main FF series is going to continue to be produced on the Sony platforms whereas other spin-offs (Crystal Chronicles) etc. will appear on the other consoles as well as on the Playstation.

Either way; I can't see Microsoft ever getting their hands on a Final Fantasy game xD

Back