PS3 sucks, now tell me why not to think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to NES?

Why is it that all Wii fans refer back to NES and Nintendo 64? Don't you guys realize that this is 2007. We have plasma tv's and hd gaming consoles. You guys base your thoughts on Super Mario and all of those old games. Sure, they might've gotten things started, but we are a long way from back then. We have progressed and improved everything. Wii fans literally get hard to Super Mario and Mario Kart- calm down.

By the way, PS3 is ultimate becuase it has things from every system. It takes the best from each consoleand puts it into its system. Some call it a jock or a hack, but really: its genius.:ciappa:

It's just a repeat of the Neo Geo. For those who remember how awful that system did. Despite so few units sold it still has a rabid following of fans. I fear the same may be true for the PS3. The rabid fans part.

Oh my god. You guys finally did it. I have been converted. I really, really regret buying my PS3. You're points are so valid. How could I have been so blind. Me, in my mid twenties, not buying a console with games like Wii Play and Excite Truck and creating a caricature of myself! How absurd. But all is good now. I see the light! Last time I had this feeling was when I realized there was no god and became an aethiest. Given the average age of members here (and Wii enthusiasts in general), I guess this type of thread shouldn't have been such a big surprise.

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
The nes version is widely remembered by us older gamers and as its considered a classic. Using that as a counter point to the graphics quote is moot as they cant be comparable. Of course we could always go back to 8bit graphics since they dont seem to matter right?
To be fair, they're still being sold today, so I would argue that they do matter. Surely they are the only type of game that is comparable - 2 different games in the same genre has different features to account for. You couldn't acurately say that the reason Perfect Dark was better than Duke Nukem was because of Graphics - they both had different systems that influence a games sales. For example, the counter-operative mode. The fact that you can order sims on your side in the combat simulator to do what you want, etc... 2 versions of the same game however, is likely to be the only way you can accurately compare newer and older graphics without going into the game mechanics.

The history of remakes is a tricky thing, because people become attached to the original. The core discussion about graphics enhancing a game is discussed when refering to titles that are new or a continuation of a series.
Why should the older examples be excluded? Surely graphics were as much a part of gaming culture then as they are now.

Bitmapping, field of depth, higher polygon counts, detail, all this enhances the worlds in which the games operate in. Once you have played on the best, its quite difficult for the mind to enjoy the visual stimulants of the past.
That's not neccesarily true either. Despite playing vastly graphically superior games, I can still go back to Goldeneye or Mario 64 and enjoy them. Likewise, I could also go back to Super Mario World and still enjoy that. Whether it be for the "nostalgia" factor, or whether it be because they're just made extremely well is moot. Older games still hold appeal - otherwise the VC wouldn't have such good sales.

Last edited:
ok ill try this again

Blu-ray games :yes only sony has this... up tp 50gig disk
blu-ray technology:eek:bviouis
high definition graphics: very true wii only has low end HD 480.. only people that will know that are people with hd t.v's though
storage of music :wii does it off the SD card
storage of video: wii does it off the SD card
storage of pictures: wii does it off the SD card.. ok well same thing just portable storage..
Motion Sensor controller (also with tilt) : well the wii kills them in this area
bluetooth compatible :wii has it and uses it constantly
list of fun, real hits : i still dont see a list.. the only thing holding back the ps3 right now is games in my opinion...
crazy online to come out in fall (PLAYSTATION HOME):wii has it...almost identical setup but do out this spring/summer
PSP playback: wii will have interconnection with DS just like every other nintendo system has had with its handhelds...
PlayStation Store(demos, games, trailers of games and movies): wii has everything but the trailers... next..

i think they are both good systems.. dont get me wrong.. but the system is still going to be based on its games.. something sony doesnt have yet... and hopefully they will sell enough units or they wont be able to get them... is it worth 600 dollars.. sure.. its a beefed up wii with all the extras built in..
is it more fun... fun is based on the games and gameplay... and sony doesnt have that yet not without the games,and like i said they wont get games without selling consoles.. wii and 360 will get all the big titles unless they find a way to pump out the ps3's but if they do sell it will still be a great system just like every sony before it... lets just hope they didnt kill themself with the pricetag...

Last edited:
I wish PS-fanboys would stop saying the Nintendo is just a kiddy system ... its getting old.

Nintendo judges their success on how well they have brought the world of video gaming to everyone. Adults, Child, ect.

Well people do provoke them, they get aggravated, then they insult the wii, even though they like the wii themselves, because they know that insulting the wii will annoy people.

Here we go again.:nonod: I like my wii. i dont have a ps3 but i want one. No time soon though. the price is too high. I could buy it if I wanted to waste money, but I have important bills to pay. I would rather not spend 600 bucks just to do what i can do on any other system.

Plus the ps3 doesnt have anything I want to play yet anyway. Thats the problem. Im sure if they had better games more people would want it. All the better games dont come out till later. For 600 I want to play the games. Hark it doesnt have any:sleep:

I dont really see the point in talking about the blue ray crap simply because i already have the movies I want on dvd. Hell am i going to have to buy them again just to watch them in blu ray format? Also People are talking about graphics that only matters like the first 5 mins when your like, "damn that looks great" then it about what your playing. Whats the point of graphics if the game sucks? (gundam anyone).

I find it funny how people talk about how they got a ps2 when it first came out it was all good till they made the slim version which was better than the original ps2 and cheaper. for that reason as well as my other reasons ill just wait till the price drops cause to me its not worth 600 buck for what i want to do with it. Which is play games. Not go to HOME, not store music, pictures, or play Blu ray movies. If you want to use it for all that, then its well worth the 600. I just wanna play the games and 600 bucks is too much just to play a game. specially when they are all going to xbox anyway. lol

chwisch87 said:
I wish PS-fanboys would stop saying the Nintendo is just a kiddy system ... its getting old.

Nintendo judges their success on how well they have brought the world of video gaming to everyone. Adults, Child, ect.
I'm not trying to insult the Wii by saying it's a kiddy system, but just look at the game library and tell me the vast majority of the games isn't geared toward kids. Then look at the majority of 360 games. PS is somewhere in between. Even the blind can see this.

dsm91 said:
I'm not trying to insult the Wii by saying it's a kiddy system, but just look at the game library and tell me the vast majority of the games isn't geared toward kids. Then look at the majority of 360 games. PS is somewhere in between. Even the blind can see this.

Im blind and i can see it too.... wait what did i just type.. im not sure.. oh god im blind.

dsm91 said:

I'm sorry they are not dripping blood ... i guess you need to have that to make it a non kiddy game lol.

I will lol so hard when blue-ray becomes the new Beta. HD-DVD is superior in price,and almost equal in graphics. MS is offering an optional HD-DVD player add-on to the 360. Perhaps ninty will in the future, if things go well. The point is they are optional instead of having sony shove it down your throat with the excuse that it's for better games. (Most of which will port over to PC once Vista has become standard)

chwisch87 said:
I'm sorry they are not dripping blood ... i guess you need to have that to make it a non kiddy game lol.
Blood has nothing to do with this. Just look at the character designs, overall look, themes, etc. You can't deny that. Gamecube had it's fair share of more "mature" games, and I expect Wii to as well, but the stereotype for Nintendo is still "kiddy". But if you feel you need to argue this point, go ahead. As a grown man, I can only take so many "cute" characters before I go insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back