PS3's VC

WiiZero

Game Wiizard
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
5435-9829-5121-8955
So about the download thing for the PS3 I know you can play PlayStation via download but can you play it on your TV or do you need a PSP

i just knos that the ps3's backward compatibilities makes the original game look sloppy and destroys pres.

wiiboy 27 said:
i just knos that the ps3's backward compatibilities makes the original game look sloppy and destroys pres.

you dont know much then. The backwards compatability graphics were software related and fixed in a firmware update awhile back.

OP you can play it on your tv, but your psp can also play ps1 games.

At 500mb for an average PS1 game it's going to chunk out your hard drive. There's 3 flaws.

1.) Long 8 hour download times.
2.) You can't pause the download. If it stops, start over.
3.) They haven't added many compared to VC, and XBL Arcade.

I'm sure Sony will fix these flaws. Cough...

sagema said:
At 500mb for an average PS1 game it's going to chunk out your hard drive. There's 3 flaws.

They probably don't take that long to download unless you have slow internet. Unless their servers are really slow, I wouldn't know because I don't have a PS3 yet.

sagema said:

cool someone talking from experience /sarcasm

1. Thats funny, when i download the PS3 demos which end up being much more than 500mb. In fact, some of them end up installing for over 1gig. Guess how long it took to download, at most 30 minutes.
2. Your downloads can continue in the background, you dont have to shut down your PS3. You can continue to use it or leave it alone and it will que up and download whatever you told it to in the background.
3. Its easier just to go out and buy cheap ps1 games or download them and burn them to cd. They are constantly adding to the downloadable content. There are a few really fun download only exclusive games.

PLUS, not all ps1 games take up a full cd. The normal size of a PS1 game ranges from 100-300mb.

Learn to speak from experience.

Shiftfallout said:
cool someone talking from experience /sarcasm

1. Thats funny, when i download the PS3 demos which end up being much more than 500mb. In fact, some of them end up installing for over 1gig. Guess how long it took to download, at most 30 minutes.
2. Your downloads can continue in the background, you dont have to shut down your PS3. You can continue to use it or leave it alone and it will que up and download whatever you told it to in the background.
3. Its easier just to go out and buy cheap ps1 games or download them and burn them to cd. They are constantly adding to the downloadable content. There are a few really fun download only exclusive games.

PLUS, not all ps1 games take up a full cd. The normal size of a PS1 game ranges from 100-300mb.

Learn to speak from experience.

QFT.

I've downloaded most things from PSStore, first download only took 20mins (Genji demo), i installed it and started downloading the Motorstorm demo. By the time i was done with the Genji demo(20-30mins) Motorstorm demo was ready to install.

Background Downloader FTW.. :ihih:

I said, "I'm sure Sony will fix these flaws." It looks like they did for #2. Shift, learn to read before applying insults.

Most stores no longer carry PS1, N64 games. They are very hard to obtain for low prices. Try getting Chrono Cross for the PS1. Unless your goal is to buy trashy games, those you can buy for pennies.

More than 500mb?! Jesus!

sagema said:
I said, "I'm sure Sony will fix these flaws." It looks like they did for #2. Shift, learn to read before applying insults.

you seem to forget your sarcasm...cough

Most stores no longer carry PS1, N64 games. They are very hard to obtain for low prices. Try getting Chrono Cross for the PS1. Unless your goal is to buy trashy games, those you can buy for pennies.
Actually, its not that hard to find ps1 games if you know where to look. Both online and offline.

More than 500mb?! Jesus!

well duh, the more next gen the game, the more space is needed. 500mb is nothing these days. My PSP has a 2 gigabyte duo card that I got for $30. Its Full too.

If you ARE a 3d artist, you would know that some projects can be quite heavy on disk space after including textures and all. Now imagine doing over a 100 of those projects and then adding code, sound...ect Your going to use some HD space.

So the updates don't take up space do they that would suck and can only play PS1 games on your PSP or do they work on your TV

WiiZero said:
So the updates don't take up space do they that would suck and can only play PS1 games on your PSP or do they work on your TV

sony already partitions the hard drives to reserve room for that. In all actuallity, its possible to get an added 20gig from each hard drive.

Sweet you still didn't answer my PSX games question though

Back