Question About WII Music

EcoMaMa

WiiChat Member
May 10, 2009
I purchased this game for my younger children and wondered if it was possible for them to use the guitar or drums from WII Rock Band World Tour with it?

Thank you,

Jo

I purchased this game for my younger children and wondered if it was possible for them to use the guitar or drums from WII Rock Band World Tour with it?

Thank you,

Jo

No, it's a different type of game entirely.

In my opinion your kids would have much more fun with Either "Rock Band 2" Or "Guitar Hero World Tour" , you can buy both with just the guitar which is great fun,and also you have the option to buy the whole kit - drums/Guitar/Microphone.

Of course that only my opinion :)

No, it's a different type of game entirely.

This is correct.

TBH Wii music is more about gently learning music theory while having a laugh than high scores and prancing around with a controller shaped like a guitar. Once you all get into it you'll forget that it's just a wiimote and 'chuk

This is correct.

TBH Wii music is more about gently learning music theory while having a laugh than high scores and prancing around with a controller shaped like a guitar. Once you all get into it you'll forget that it's just a wiimote and 'chuk

Little bit harsh,never once have i or anyone who has had a go round mine ever Pranced around,its more about the choice of music than anything,some great songs to play to and now rock band 2 give you the choice to download songs.

Little bit harsh,never once have i or anyone who has had a go round mine ever Pranced around,its more about the choice of music than anything,some great songs to play to and now rock band 2 give you the choice to download songs.

Any 'prancing' is because you are getting into the game and do actually feel like you are playing along with the band (ie: holding a 'real' guitar, hearing the actual song and guitar noises, getting boo'd off for playing badly etc).

On the other hand why would anyone want to fiddle with a wiimote along to god-awful copyright-free (ie: old and crap) midi songs in Wii music? A lot of the songs in Wii music are lullabies and kid's tunes aren't they? Rock on!

hencam[uk];1021203 said:
On the other hand why would anyone want to fiddle with a wiimote along to god-awful copyright-free (ie: old and crap) midi songs in Wii music? A lot of the songs in Wii music are lullabies and kid's tunes aren't they? Rock on!

As the OP said it was for their younger children it sounds like Wii Music will be perfect for them.

As the OP said it was for their younger children it sounds like Wii Music will be perfect for them.

Depends... my two younger nephews love a bit of multiplayer Guitar Hero World Tour.

EcoMaMa, how old are your children? That would probably help us be able to tell if the GH/RB games would be suitable or not...

hencam[uk];1021279 said:
Depends... my two younger nephews love a bit of multiplayer Guitar Hero World Tour.

EcoMaMa, how old are your children? That would probably help us be able to tell if the GH/RB games would be suitable or not...

My 3 year old granddaughter loves playing Mii Freestyle drums on GH:WT, she even twirls the sticks.

We had thought about getting Wii Music for her but it seemed a bit pricey for what essentially seems to be a noise maker. Eventually we'll rent it or buy it when it's cheaper.

hencam[uk];1021203 said:

How disrespectful. These songs are classics that's why they've remained in the hearts of millions for hundreds of years.

Take any top 40 song today and chances are the song will be forgotten in just 2 years.

Learn some music history.

Thank you,

Jo

Some parents are so funny. Do non-gaming parents EVER try to find out if a game is crappy BEFORE they buy it? Wii Music... what a joke. Go ahead and buy some Hannah Montana games while your at it (you probably already have) since obviously your interests lie in the worst games the system has to offer.

And no, of course peripherals from competitors, such as Guitar Hero guitars do not work on Wii Music. And wii remotes don't work for Guitar Hero, in case you were wondering. And x-box contollers can't control your Wii games, in case you thought that was also a possibility.

Some parents are so funny. Do non-gaming parents EVER try to find out if a game is crappy BEFORE they buy it? Wii Music... what a joke. Go ahead and buy some Hannah Montana games while your at it (you probably already have) since obviously your interests lie in the worst games the system has to offer.

Errrr.... wrong-o. Wii Music is actually a much deeper game, that actually lets you play around with music itself, and even explore some creative aspects. Every single guitar hero/rock band game is just a reflex game that plays some songs you like while hitting buttons on a plastic controller and pretending that you're actually playing music.* Wii Music does actually let you play and explore music compositions. It is a much deeper experience, which is apparently lost on fanboys like yourself.

[*The drums on rock band/GH:WT are the closest thing to actually playing an instrument, as you do move sticks, but it is still not the same as actually playing my drum kit.]

How disrespectful. These songs are classics that's why they've remained in the hearts of millions for hundreds of years.

Take any top 40 song today and chances are the song will be forgotten in just 2 years.

Learn some music history.

Oh my god, I hope you were joking :eek:ut:

If your reading comprehension is that bad, then I'll spell it out - I was only posting that half-seriously.

But hey, if you are happy rocking out to midi renditions of "Happy Birthday", "Oh My Darling, Clementine" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", then go for it...

Oh and don't forget that all time classic "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" by Wham! - surely one never to be forgotten...

Although they are both aimed at very different markets, many people would enjoy both games, but I have to question WHY they didn't use proper music tracks for a game called Wii music (why use midi tunes?!).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back