Resident Evil 4 comptable zapper?

wiifirst

WiiChat Member
Jan 31, 2010
I bought the perfect shot zapper but it's not compatible with Resident Evil 4 as the trigger activates the B button but the game uses the A button.

Is there a zapper out there that's compatible with RE4?

Or use your own. No need to buy one. Just use a clamp to hold the remote in place. I use it all the time for deer drive. Works better than any gun and cheaper.

the wii version of resident evil is different from all other wii FPS in controls... thats why i sold it...

buy the gamecube version.

the wii version of resident evil is different from all other wii FPS in controls... thats why i sold it...

buy the gamecube version.

That's probably because RE:4 isn't a FPS. It does use a strange combination, as most 3rd person shooters will either have the pointer controlling the camera or will lock the screen and have you controlling the reticule. RE:4 does neither of those, it uses the stick to change the camera and pointer for the reticule; which I do find a little awkward.

Buying the Gamecube version is something of a folly though. Sure you can use traditional controls but you also lose some content. The only way to totally equal the Wii version would be to buy the Gamecube and PS2 versions. I don't know if using the controls was the OP's problem anyway, it was that they wanted to use a gun controller, so saying 'buy the Gamecube version' is like telling someone to 'buy a 360 if you want to play FPS' when they are actually just looking for a Wii FPS. It isn't helping them at all as they still couldn't use a gun controller.

There are 'zappers' available that could quite happily play RE:4 though. I'm not sure of the brand names but I've seen ones that have the remote built in (some even have Motion Plus or nunchuck) and they switch the buttons around so they are all within reach. One pistol that I saw even had dual triggers that worked for either the A or B buttons. You'd have to google or search on Ebay for them but there are options out there.

I'm waiting for the MP5 to be released that was shown off in China a few months ago. It wouldn't be that good for RE:4 due to having the nunchuck and pointer in a single unit but it certainly looked like a good all in one solution for most Wii FPS.

Back