resident evil: umbrella chronicles

Distant_Oblivion said:
Old Resident Evil games are slow and boring... Welcome to the 21st Century
I've loved the enitre series as do alot of others based on game sales...Welcome to a difference of opinion.

i loved them all especially the remake of number 1 but i could never get the samurai edge. Any ways the original series was about SURVIVAL. Resi 4 was action so they are hard to compare as they are in different catergories.

Poseidon said:
I've loved the enitre series as do alot of others based on game sales...Welcome to a difference of opinion.

yes, exactly! The survival horrer genra is either love at first site or an aquired taste. Mabye if your one of the people who dont like the old RE games then you shouldent play RE and they shouldent bother changing it. If they do change it then it should be a spin off series. I dont think RE4 should have been called that they should have changed the name since they changed the game so much.

wiiwii said:
yes, exactly! The survival horrer genra is either love at first site or an aquired taste. Mabye if your one of the people who dont like the old RE games then you shouldent play RE and they shouldent bother changing it. If they do change it then it should be a spin off series. I dont think RE4 should have been called that they should have changed the name since they changed the game so much.
Even though it revolves around research of the T-Virus? Oh, yes. Let's call a game that totally revolves around RE elements "Attack of the Crazy-Ass Europeans." =D

RE4 was a good game the older version were no good in comparison to Silent Hill especially the 2nd one that one has to be the best.

Kumoriken said:
Even though it revolves around research of the T-Virus? Oh, yes. Let's call a game that totally revolves around RE elements "Attack of the Crazy-Ass Europeans." =D
...exactally, it was a Resident Evil game through and through and just because they changed it doesnt mean that it strayed from its original premise... I mean you still heal yourself with herbs and stuff

Poseidon said:
:scared: and another thing I never said that I didnt like the old Resident Evils, just that they aint nothing compared to RE4, in my humble opinion

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
Exactly. By the way, I haven't beat my GC remake version yet becuase I always start panicing when I'm low on ammo and it's just so damn scary!

Don't worry dude, that game had the same effect on me! I can't say I've ever been truely terrified of a game until I played REmake. Having said that though, it is definitely among the best of the GameCube's games around :D

Oh and after about 12 months of playing the game and finishing it numerous times, I managed to beat it in under 3 hours too (regarding the previous poster who said something about finishing it in under 3 hours) I think my time was like 2 hours and 39 minutes or something. I'd post a screen capture up if I had a photobucket account or a youtube.

Sovieto said:
OMG YESS!! AWESOME! 2 weapons at a time, no more killing spree!
BATTALION WARS 2 ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhh

you like btwII ? gemme an ohhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhh

motherbrainrulez said:
Name:
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Release Date:
North American - UNKNOWN
Japan - December 31, 2007 (according to ign.com)
Europe - UNKNOWN

Scenario Mode:

- Scenario mode is at least 4 chapters: Mansion (RE1), Raccoon Police Department (RE2), Raccoon City Streets (RE3), and European Countryside (RE4)
- Uses a Resident Evil 4 style camera
- Slower paced action (ammo and healing item conservation)
- Completing Scenario chapters will unlock characters, costumes, and weapons
- Playable characters include Jill, Chris, Rebecca, Wesker, Leon, Claire, HUNK, Carlos, and Ada.
- Pressing A on the Wiimote at certain times will start "interactive scenes"
- Some or all doors can be destroyed
- Every character can hold 2 weapons at a time, and some weapons can only be used with specific characters
- Every character will have melee attacks. This will probably be the knife for most.
- Many in-game cutscenes to tie up loose parts of the story

Arcade Mode:
- Similar to The Mercenaries from RE4, but with more levels
- Fast-paced killing spree
- Unlockable characters, costumes, and weapons from Scenario Mode can be used here

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: So it's another remake?
A: Only some parts of the old games are remade, but there is new content too

Q: What about online features?
A: Capcom has not said anything about whether it will have online features.

Q: How will it use the Wiimote?
A: SPECULATION: Aiming and shooting enemies, swinging the knife, and solving puzzle sequences if Resident Evil: DS is any indication.

Q: Will it come to PS3 / Xbox 360?
A: Very unlikely. It is Wii exclusive right now, and will probably stay that way since it's supposed to use the Wii's controller in unique ways.

Q: Will Resident Evil 5 come to the Wii?
A: Maybe. If this game sells well, it might happen.

hope you like *pant pant*
took a while

Do you have a link as to where you got this info?

I think that that old RE games where awsome just the fact that I actually had to plan out my next moves.There were times when I would not have any ammo and I actually had to use my KNIFE through a portion( not that much) of the game. When I made a mistake on killing all the zombies in a given area.

A RE mmo sounds like a fun idea in theory but i can't see how it would work. i mean it would totally wreck what the series is about.

RE 4 was VERY fun and im a old time RE player (not really a fan boy) and i liked the change of pace very much. But the RE4 aiming is really going to complement the wii if you have that gay (yes i said its gay) fixed camera angle then its not going to work well for the wii.

I Think that the Wii version of RE is a great comprimise of sorts its got the Re4 aiming for the action types and the conservation for the old school players ( with some new things as well).

Back