Resident evil Umbrella Chronicles

asdfnick

asdfnick
Dec 10, 2006
FL
Wii Online Code
5880-1161-5752-5548
Recently, Capcom has unveiled new information on the upcoming wii title "Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles"
LONDON -- April 6, 2007 -- Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today
announced that the incredibly successful Resident Evil® series, with over 30 million games sold worldwide,
is coming to the Wii™ video game system from Nintendo® with two new titles.
This summer, Capcom will release Resident Evil® 4 Wii™ Edition, a new version of the award-winning game that
incorporates the control functionality of the Wii Remote. In the autumn, Capcom will be bringing a new game,
Resident Evil®: The Umbrella Chronicles, to the Wii console.
Resident Evil 4 is one of the highest rated games on Game Rankings.com and Metacritic.com, garnering dozens
of awards and nominations for its amazing game play and incredible re-invention of the “survival-horror” genre.
This celebrated game now comes to the Wii console with added Wii Remote and Nunchuk support, allowing players
to immerse themselves in the game as never before. With Resident Evil® 4 Wii™ Edition, Capcom is offering new
and more immersive sense of control to players, while keeping all of the game’s incredible game systems intact.
As Leon Kennedy, players will explore a town overrun by cultists, mutants and mind-controlled villagers, using
the Wii Remote to aim, fire, slash and avoid oncoming adversaries with intuitive motions and movements.
Resident Evil® 4 Wii™ Edition will also contain the additional content included in the PlayStation® 2 computer
entertainment system version of the game.
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles is a brand new game in the Resident Evil franchise, with familiar locales
from the entire series, created specifically for the unique characteristics of the Wii hardware. This action/shooter
hybrid reveals the back story behind the fall of the Umbrella Corporation by exploring locations from
Resident Evil 0, 1, 2 and 3 as well as new never-before-seen locations, such as Umbrella’s stronghold.
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles combines first-person, light-gun style combat with interactive pathways,
multiple weapons and new enemies to create an entirely new Resident Evil experience that could only be delivered
on the Wii console.
http://www.residentevilfan.com/articles/rewiipressr.htm

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W73jcP-zOM4[/media]
umbrellachronicles-008.jpg

umbrellachronicles-006.jpg

umbrellachronicles-007.jpg

additional images can be found at http://wii.advancedmn.com/media.php?gameid=1529

The game appears to have so-so graphics at this point, but the game is only 25% completed, which can be an indicator that they havent tweaked all the aspects of this game. I am rather dissapointed that this game has taken a survivor-esque approach to the game, throwing you into an FPS setting, but it should turn out good.
An official site has even opened up at http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_uc/

Last edited:
I don't mind this style and I'm hoping its like House of the Dead 2 on the Dreamcast, but a lot longer. I liked the play modes also. I'll probably end up buying this, as I'm a sucker for these types of games.

And I'm defiantly going to rent RE4 Wii. It'll be nice to play it again, hopfully if the controls are ok.

Taills said:
I don't mind this style and I'm hoping its like House of the Dead 2 on the Dreamcast, but a lot longer. I liked the play modes also. I'll probably end up buying this, as I'm a sucker for these types of games.

And I'm defiantly going to rent RE4 Wii. It'll be nice to play it again, hopfully if the controls are ok.
i was actually thinking about this game, and i am starting to like the idea. Imagine the camera going down a hallway in the mansion, but it is being manipulated as though you really are looking through the characters eyes, bobbing up and down, and making natural movements down a hallway, giving you a sense of nervousness, because you never know what could be around the next corner.

THat was probaly really cheesy. If it was , i appologize.

i hate to do this, but all my threads usualy go unseen and pushed to the depths of the forum.

bump.

and to make a point for this post, im looking foreward to a good rail shooter for the wii

asdfnick said:
i was actually thinking about this game, and i am starting to like the idea. Imagine the camera going down a hallway in the mansion, but it is being manipulated as though you really are looking through the characters eyes, bobbing up and down, and making natural movements down a hallway, giving you a sense of nervousness, because you never know what could be around the next corner.

THat was probaly really cheesy. If it was , i appologize.

Actually, yeah I love that feeling. The problem is though, once you do it, you know whats there the next time, so I try and get as much of the feeling as I can, you know, work up to it to where you're paranoid and actually jump when something comes at ya. I doubt it'll be like that though, I'm hoping it is, but I doubt it.

i cant wait for this game and that video looks awesome i want to get this game so bad is there any mention of the release date cause all ive heard is sometime this summer.

Back