Sadness IN-GAME Screenshot

I don't know anything about this game, other than it is coming out for the Wii, and it is called Sadness.

That picture looks like a drawing someone made with a Number 2 pencil...

Is this the horror where you actually have to make hand movements to cut a persons throat?

If it is, then IMO that throat-cutting thing takes the Wiimote way too far... :S

BlightedArt said:
Is this the horror where you actually have to make hand movements to cut a persons throat?

If it is, then IMO that throat-cutting thing takes the Wiimote way too far... :S
1.) Yes.
2.) ARE YOU CRAZY?

Taking the wiimote too far? I don't think so at all. If anything it makes it about 10x more effective in gaming.

And regarding the picture: this is on a PC-work station... meaning it's not on Wii's hardware so it won't look this good. But I bet it might be pretty close considering it's black and white... I'm not expert but naturally I would think that would allow them to give more detail on other aspects.

ABC said:
So the entire game is in black and white?
Correct. The game takes place in the early 1900's. The black and white aspect makes it even creepier IMO.

Homesrfan said:
Correct. The game takes place in the early 1900's. The black and white aspect makes it even creepier IMO.

Well that will surly help keep the ESRB rating down as the color of blood will be a shade of grey. Hhaa

ABC said:
Well that will surly help keep the ESRB rating down as the color of blood will be a shade of grey. Hhaa
I'm not sure on how serious I should take that comment. :smilewinkgrin:

I believe it's already been said that Nibris is shooting for an M rating on this game. If this does well, many 3rd party 'adult games' will see that they actually do work well with Nintendo.

MetroidZ said:
crap screenshot. but black and white only? I think that will be kinda' dull.

I think they can pull it off if they do it right. Will surely give it that 1900 feel they are going after.

Black and white game... would be interesting.

@ Homersfan: I'm just not too comfortable with the fact that I'll be standing there in a room with people watching actually slicing someones throat open...

BlightedArt said:
Black and white game... would be interesting.

@ Homersfan: I'm just not too comfortable with the fact that I'll be standing there in a room with people watching actually slicing someones throat open...
But it's cool! But anyways - Nibris said that the game isn't going to be tons of blood and just slashing and killing everything in sight. It's going to have a good plot and they are going to focus more on the horror aspect rather than the kill everything in your sight aspect.

Pardon my ignorance

WTF is sadness, people keep telling me how great sadness is and i have no idea what the game actually is about.

Darth Wookie said:
WTF is sadness, people keep telling me how great sadness is and i have no idea what the game actually is about.

There is not a lot of info... right now we just know it's an entirely black and white game set in the early 1900's. It features zombies, werewolves, and other creatures. The main character is a woman. The controls are supposed to be VERY intuitive. Nibris is pulling out all the stops in this game. That's really all we know. There is some concept art out but that's about it.

Back