Samsung LE46A656 and Wii - Horizontal interference and/or "mode not supported" shown

oceanclub

WiiChat Member
Jul 27, 2021
Have resurrected our Wii from a few years in the attic and connected it to our Samsung LE46A656. Nothing has changed in the interim - it's still the same TV and the Wii is connected via component cable as before.
However I initially got a "mode not supported" message on the TV. Following a tip online I unplugged the TV and all HDMI connections, waited 15 mins, and reconnected.
The Wii screen is now visible but there is quite annoying horizontal static line or lines - on the main home screen a single horizontal line in the middle, if I run a game or app, it might be a horizontal patch.
In some cases when I run a game or app I get the "mode not supported" message on the TV, which only disappears once back at the Home page.
I'm wondering could it be a TV setting I inadvertently changed at some point or is it something else?
P.

I personally encountered this but the issue is not with the cable wires. You just need to reset the device.

Did you check if device is compatible with your Samsung LE46A656? Or how about the cable wires?

Back