Scarface - My Review

Stallyon

Don of NYC Respect Lvl 50
Feb 22, 2007
Norion
Wii Online Code
2207-7954-7144-9623
Bought this game at the weekend (along with Driver and Prince of Persia) and was really excited about playing it. Having played Godfather: Blackhand Edition on the Wii and GTA on the XBox previously I was looking for a game that was similar but was not alike. I was not disappointed.

Firstly, the controls and playing style are similar but then how different can they be? You walk around, you can run if you want but you do get tired, you can hide your guns away and you can pull them out ready to shoot. If you pull your guns out then people will flee and gang members will draw their attention towards you. You can also nab cars from people but I've found that cars will not stop if you stand in their way.

As with Godfather you had the various districts of NYC to take control of, and so in Scarface you have various neighbourhoods to take control of. You do this by buying out shops and taking out rival gang members (and I'm not talking about taking them to the movies followed by a romantic meal afterwards). There's about 20 gangs in each neighbourhood and each gang has between 8 and 15 members. Killing rival gangs will reward you with plenty of cash to spend but with reward comes great risk. Killing the gang members will attract the attention from the police (f**k those cops). If you cant smooth talk you way out of trouble then be prepared to make a quick getaway.

The various missions are easy enough if you know how to shoot accurately enough and there's always the blood rage to use as well when things get a bit dicey - basically for every kill you do your rage meter increase. Fill this and you can enter blood rage mode. You become invincible and people move in slow motion giving you better accuracy to shoot them - easy :eek:)

Make some money, take over rival gangs and slowly build up your empire again.

Yes I have talked about my love for this game many times.
It truly is great, and I also love the Mansion remodeling.

Back